Congrats Fletch

Jmny

Just wanted to congratulate Fletch on being the first to post a successful crossbow kill. After being denied the first 38 days of the bow season.

was he denied? I think he was out there and tagged a nice buck with his bow.......he got the best of both worlds.

• Like 1

Only the first 38 days. Or 429 field hours in his blind. The fact that when he was finally allowed in the woods legally. He was successful the first day. There many individuals who have been in the woods for numerous days these past 39 days who have yet to use their carcass tag. Does that make him a better hunter than those have been in the woods numerous times since October 1, not at all. Does the fact that his use of a crossbow make him an inferior hunter to those that chose a compound to hunt deer? NOT IN THE LEAST.

By the way the best of both worlds would be the oppurtunity to have hunted all 38 days of the Archery season with either the crossbow, compound, (recurve, long bow.) But that's how I interpret the best of both worlds when referring to bow hunting with either crossbow or compound. I really have trouble following your train of thought with best of both worlds when he didn't have the choice for the first 37 days.