Lightest Treestand (Hang-On)

jackULL

Hi Archers,

This topic must have been discussed here a few times, please redirect me to the right topic as I couldn't find it.

Otherwise, I need a recommendation for the lightest hang on tree stand that is still in production.

Currently I am using XOP medium sized stand, and it weighs about 14 lbs, plus leverage sticks about 20 lbs carrying weight.

I saw Chippewa Ghost, any users? LocOn Light? X-Stand?

Thanks in advance.

I do not have this model. It isn't a climber though. It will stay tight when packing in and depending on how you opt to attach it to the tree, it should be solid. No matter how they are supposed to attach to the tree, I always use a ratchet strap or two. Not sure if this uses a receiver or some other mechanism.

I do know every mellenium stand I have experience with (but not this one) is super comfortable, rock solid and quiet..rarely a noise. I've been in three of the heavier lock-on models and two of their ladder stands.

If you opt to purchase, don't go through the mellenium site to order though. it will take two weeks or so for them to ship it, because they have to build it. See if you can find online with a retailer. If not, it's totally worth the wait.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I do not have this model. It isn't a climber though. It will stay tight when packing in and depending on how you opt to attach it to the tree, it should be solid. No matter how they are supposed to attach to the tree, I always use a ratchet strap or two. Not sure if this uses a receiver or some other mechanism.

I do know every mellenium stand I have experience with (but not this one) is super comfortable, rock solid and quiet..rarely a noise. I've been in three of the heavier lock-on models and two of their ladder stands.

If you opt to purchase, don't go through the mellenium site to order though. it will take two weeks or so for them to ship it, because they have to build it. See if you can find online with a retailer. If not, it's totally worth the wait.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks napping :)

I had a Ameristep Bone Collector that was around 10lbs, it was posted by phade on sale from Walmart about 2 years ago for $40-50 for stand plus 3 ladders, great price.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

i scored on that too, sat in it all weekend. It had a lot of squeaks and groans, I've gotta pull it and work on it

i scored on that too, sat in it all weekend. It had a lot of squeaks and groans, I've gotta pull it and work on it

Mine is gone, thanks to a thief. When I put mine together, I took my time and put those plastic washers in there good. Had no noise issues. Maybe a little WD-40 would do well, or try some dry grease like they use on moon roofs.

You can see ive got a green nylon washer between every connection. To the OP are you planning on taking the stand in and out? My friends use the lone wolf assault and swear by them. Im going to get a Millennium next year with the big comfortable lawn chair seat. I dont take it in and out and want the most comfortable seat out there

post-5278-0-37309400-1447077561_thumb.jp

Mine is gone, thanks to a thief. When I put mine together, I took my time and put those plastic washers in there good. Had no noise issues. Maybe a little WD-40 would do well, or try some dry grease like they use on moon roofs.

Where'd it get stolen from Shawn, what town?  Did you have a trail cam go missing with it too?  I may know of its whereabouts. 

thanks guys. Will definitely check it. Walking miles on public land just to get to a good spot already takes an effort. so having a lightweight stand will help... I don't mind small width base.

Why not a climber? There is simply no lighter way to get into a tree than with a light weight climber. X-stand has one at 11 lbs. Even the lightest hang-on will be in the high teens by the time you add the weight of the climbing sticks (even very ones).

Only reason I can see is if the area one hunts in doesnt have many trees that are condusive to climbers.  If you hunt in a stand of hemlocks, youre not going to get very high in your climber.  If you hunt in a forest of oaks and tulips, the skys the limit.  I have 3 hang ons and a climber.  Im in my climber 95% of the time.

Why not a climber? There is simply no lighter way to get into a tree than with a light weight climber. X-stand has one at 11 lbs. Even the lightest hang-on will be in the high teens by the time you add the weight of the climbing sticks (even very ones).

I have the 11lb Xstand climber. And if I am "banging in to hunt" I still use my ultralight hang on. Mine are no longer made, thank god I have 3 they weigh around 7lbs so with my stand and 5 steps I can be 18ft up in minutes and basically silent and I can do it in almost and tree.

JackULL, The Millennium M7 uses a hang-on bracket.  Mount the bracket on the tree, then slide on the stand and tighten with one or two straps.  What's nice about this is you can get several of the them (~$30) and have them pre-positioned....multiple sets, 1 pretty comfortable stand.

Yes... Just ordered Millenium Microlite and see if I like it.  And if I do, I will get those brackets to go with different locations.

I also use the Stepp Ladder, very light too. But I may add a few sticks to carry and the Stepp ladder to leave with those brackets. Thanks Napping

Only reason I can see is if the area one hunts in doesnt have many trees that are condusive to climbers.  If you hunt in a stand of hemlocks, youre not going to get very high in your climber.  If you hunt in a forest of oaks and tulips, the skys the limit.  I have 3 hang ons and a climber.  Im in my climber 95% of the time.

Agreed... That's why Im looking for the lightest hang on stand. Although climbers is just 2-piece carry and light, still picky on the tree selection. I can see that with 1 stick modified with stir-up and a stand will do the job. that's after having more experience with it.