some trail cam pics from 2010

bigbuck

I got the droptine buck with bow nov 13th,(pic in other post) My 72 year old neighbor got the heavy 8pt opening day of gun.I got a nice 8 wed of gun season.(pic on other post) The wide 8 and 10 pt made it thru the gun season.,along with some other smaller 8,6,4,and such, and friend almost got shot at wide 8 last sat of muzzleloader. We Had a good year at camp taking 11 buck and 10 doe from bow-muzzleloader...seems like a lot but we average around 5-8 buck and 10 doe a year here with 10 guys on average.  I run 5 cameras year round and had 32 different buck on camera this year. Should be another good season next year...hopefully with a chance a a bear.

Do you guys notice any fear of the flash?  I am certain that the older 2+ yr olds near me don't like it and tend to stay away of the flash area.  I don't think they relocate, just avoid walking in front of the camera after they've experienced it once or twice.  When I use 'burst' mode you can tell they're real cautious and usually don't show up again after that.

Next yr I may leave the flash off and just shoot daytime.

I've had some older bucks shy from the flash but i like to see the color pics, i have learned if they are real spooky its usually from being shined with spotlights (i wish they'ed make that illegal but thats another post) you can avoid scarign them with a flash by putting your camera high looking downward.. i think they think it might be lightning.. it limits your coverage area but works!!