Buck tarsal

fearthebeard

Will buck tarsal scent scare bucks away I picked it up to give it a try in a scrape but might not because my buddy says is scares deer away

hmmm, I'm no expert, but if tarsal glands scared deer away, they would never stop running away from each other........pretty sure that all deer regardless of sex have them.

Edited by jjb4900

Lol well now that u put it that way .... My thought was that if it makes bucks scared because it smells like a mature buck

I've had deer pay no attention to scents, be attracted and show curiosity, and some slam on the brakes and take off..........no saying what will happen.

I cut out my bow kill tarsels and freeze them for drags in gun...yes buck will check tracks of other buck in their territory during the rut. I have also steel pinned them to mock scrapes...both work well...This is a smell that other bucks in the area have more than likely come across in the area already...

I use to save all my tarsel glands from my bucks... like G-man says they work best away from your normal hunting area. It's like introducing a new buck to the mix.. the mature bucks definitely don't care for the new intruder and will come to investigate... grunting works well with tarsel.

• Like 2

I use to save all my tarsel glands from my bucks... like G-man says they work best away from your normal hunting area. It's like introducing a new buck to the mix.. the mature bucks definitely don't care for the new intruder and will come to investigate... grunting works well with tarsel.

Thank you will try with buck urine was think of doing a drag with estrus scent and buck tarsal