Dutchess County Looking for a Hunting Partner 3F

Andy 3F

Hey guys ,

Andrew, 34 yrs old, wife 3 kids, sport shooter of 10 years, pleasant valley in Dutchess county

Not only am I new to NY but new to hunting in general. Safety wise I'm good and I've been sport shooting for about 10 years. I've owned more firearms then I can remember. What I'm hoping for is some one to go hunting with that is ok with a beginner. I'm not scared to get my hands dirty and I'm licensed for all small game , deer and bear. I promised my wife that I wouldn't trek off into the woods alone and I don't know any one over here on the east coast so I'm hoping some one would either show me a thing or two or another novice like my self and we'll go figure this out. Either way I need some one to go out with. I'll be looking for small critters and deer to start. So if you're safety minded like my self and want to go I'm open to it. Thanks for reading, Andrew

[email protected]

Edited by andygutmann

I am fairly new to hunting also, been hunting for a few years but don't get out a whole lot. This year I have been out with my crossbow several times already though. I live in dutchess but have been hunting with my crossbow on a friends la d in Putnam. When shotgun opens I will have to hunt state land. Can't teach you too much because I am still learning but perhaps we can team up.

• Like 1

Hey I am not new to hunting myself.I do not have much private land to hunt however I am willing to help anyone that want's to learn.Born and raised in this county and done a lot of foot stomping we have alot of state land to use some that permits needed but not all.If you all are and have legal licences/permits let me know.

• Like 1

Dom what state lands would you say are worth heading out to? I would love some pointers from more experienced hunters. Maybe we can meet up.

There are many not sure what ones you may have hunted or looked at.I enjoy hunting Wassaic area the most lots of game to be hunted/fished.

Give taconic hereford a look. 917 acres. there is plenty of land there.

This is also a good spot/piece.the only thing about any public land it will be very busy the first few days of the gun opener/after that seems no one hunts it cause to much pressure..The thing I like most is if you are a valid/have all your licenses then you don't have to ask anyone can I hunt here.Good luck to all Hunters 

Thats what I was thinking  . The Hereford looks like a good spot to start and its 10min from home. shawnhu I don't bow hunt yet but might take it up in the future. I've been a sport shooting enthusiast for years and angler for pretty much life. This year I decided to take up hunting as it pairs up a lot of my hobbies and I love to eat so you cant go wrong there. Thanks for all the replies guys, I was hoping that people wouldn't be turned off by a novice hunter. Gotta start somewhere. 

Oh and I'm all licensed up , I've got a deer and bear tag. I missed the Turkey season so I figured I'd save the $10 and then see how I feel come may when it opens back up.

Edited by andygutmann

• 3 weeks later...

I am fairly new to hunting also, been hunting for a few years but don't get out a whole lot. This year I have been out with my crossbow several times already though. I live in dutchess but have been hunting with my crossbow on a friends la d in Putnam. When shotgun opens I will have to hunt state land. Can't teach you too much because I am still learning but perhaps we can team up.

I'm going out tomorrow again, if interested?