Concealed Carry

there is NO open carry in NY unless a cop on duty

That is not true. I open carry even though I have a concealed carry permit. There is on law that say it is illegal. It is only in the interpretation of the law. There is no case law that shows anyone has ever been convicted in NYS for open carry. There is case law that shows people being convicted of disturbing the peace because they were open carrying. For that reason I do not open carry all the time. Also a "standard" restriction that can be printed on a full carry permit is "may not carry concealed". I have seen this once on a ADA's permit. He said the judge did it so that he didn't accidentally walk into a court house with it on because he put a jacket on (concealing it) and forgot it was there. It forced him to pay attention. He didn't seem to mind. 

Yes, but Madison County... filled out 1 pc of paper and waited 4 months before restrictions were pulled. Didn't have to see judge... did it right in the sherrifs office. Took 10 minutes

Just curious...do you live in Madison county?  Your location says Manlius.  I live in Onondaga county but i've worked in Madison county for 8 years.  I'd love to upgrade mine, but 0.001% of that happening in Onondaga county.

I did live in Madison county when I originally got my permit... I did have to change my address, but am allowed to keep my permit in Madison Co. as long as I do all my paperwork there. It would be a nightmare changing it to Onondaga. Madison is a lot more pistol permit friendly. I know it's tough in Onondaga, but the worst that can happen is you get denied... the best is that you get a concealed carry. In my opinion it is worth a shot.

Edited by nyantler

I didn't realize you can keep a pistol in your home in one county and have it registered in another?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

As long as you are willing to travel to do your paperwork there you can keep it there... you still must change your address to the new address in the other county on your permit. When I say paperwork I mean any amendments or additions to your permit.

Edited by nyantler