Hunting Coyotes in Southern Zones

jpolihro

I may be able to bring someone up on the property I hunt for deer, after the deer season, for yotes. The property owner is having a hard time with them killing his pets, and wants them done away with. Judging by the sign, there are a bunch of them there. Seen 2 of them the other day, but, was unable to get a shot with the bow.

I may be able to bring someone up on the property I hunt for deer, after the deer season, for yotes. The property owner is having a hard time with them killing his pets, and wants them done away with. Judging by the sign, there are a bunch of them there. Seen 2 of them the other day, but, was unable to get a shot with the bow.

I'm your man!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was bow hunting this past friday in 3M and a pack of 7-8 coyotes came running past my stand just as it was starting to get light. The first one stopped 10 feet from my stand, but I didn't shoot because I could not tell if it was someone's german shepard. After the others came running through I realized that it was definitely a coyote. Let's just say I was happy to be in a treestand. I have seen a single coyote in the woods before, but never in a large pack like this.