D & R field and brush mower pro xl 44

About a month ago I asked if anyone had a used swisher for sale. Well I took people's advice and bought a brand new D&R. Expensive yes but it's a beast. Had Victor Power supply order it for me. Basically it would cut anything we could run over. There was times we had the track grizzly complete suspended in the air on top of saplings and it still did the job. I had bought the heavier blades and had the shop switch them out before I picked it up. Only issue we had was the power switch cord mounted to the atv snapped getting hung up so we ended up mounting it on the machine itself

post-4015-0-96731600-1453087723_thumb.pn

post-4015-0-70377200-1453087777_thumb.jp

post-4015-0-96383300-1453087826_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Of even more interest is that tracked arrangement on the ATV. Is there any kind of riding condition that could stop that thing? Does that thing ride on snow ok? It looks like it should get up on snow as good as any snowmobile. How is that thing for steering?

I have seen these kinds of rigs in ads someplace, but I never knew anyone who actually owned one.

Now I have to relook at your pictures and take a look at the brush cutter....ha...ha. I couldn't get my eyes off that ATV monster.

• Like 1

The grizzly set up is why we went with the tow behind instead of a tractor for now. We own a vast swamp land and have dry areas that we tend to that you can only get to by traveling threw some pretty swampy stuff. The kind of land you wouldn't take a 4 wheel drive tractor threw during a dry spell in August. Nothing stops the grizz, perfect set up for our area. Also used to launch some pretty big boats of the beach in the summer.Will tear a lawn up quickly though. Handles snow just as good as a sled just not as fast. there's probably more track area than a regular snowmobile all together. only draw back is the turning radius is about the same as a sled. When using the brush hog we would actually hook up the smaller atv after the first passes because it was easier with the greater stealing radius.

• Like 1