Old beautiful gun....

I've been looking for some PIX of old time (multiple) gun stock lathes. Those are really fascinating. Have you ever seen a picture of one?

Nope.....

I'm still searching. Somewhere along the line I saw a picture of a stock making lathe that did several stocks at a time (5-6?) using a pattern that the duplicator followed thus moving the cutting heads. I think it was at Springfield Arms.

I have found numerous PIX of CNC machines that do the same, but not the old mechanical duplicators.

I did find this one video clip on YT, but unfortunately it isn't a multiple stock lathe & it doesn't show any details or the lathe in operation. The original design dates back to 1817!

I will keep searching.

Edited by wildcat junkie

Hey guys, Sorry i do not get on here much during weekends..

i do not have much of an update..

Shes called the NRA and left voice mails with several individuals just waiting on a returned phone call.. still

She has contacted the American Rifleman and they told her to send physical picture copies through the mail and her membership number... which she does not have..

And a few other places had told her to disassemble the gun and look for more markings/stamping on the individual pieces themselves..   

Yes, that is my favorite store, i am planning a trip to go there just to "visit", of course after the taxes arrive :)... am going to offer to help find more info on this gun at their library as you mentioned..

You could email the pics to the guy who runs the library or better yet, take the gun with you. Good luck in your search and keep us updated if you find anything out.