Hamburg Sport and Travel Expo..

wooly

Well went to the show yesterday, got there at noon and stayed until 3pm. Met a member from this forum, but already forgot his name...lol!!!

Picked up 2 bow holders for my Summit climbers along with some tether strapping, a new glass pot call from "Mountain Hollow" game calls and 2 mouth calls.

Renewed my NRA membership for another 5 years at a reduced rate, and got a $25.00 gift card to Cabela's in the process!!!

Met Tim Herald there, pygmy and I have known Tim for many years, met him at the NWTF convention's back in 2003-2005, believe he was working as a Pro-Staffer for Knight & Hale back then. Has his own consulting/outfitter company now. Glad I went, haven't been to this show in a couple of years.

P.S. I also stopped by the HuntingNY.com booth and picked up a sticker for my shop wall. Great time....glad I went!!

did you get the bow holders from Jim Litmer/Thirdhand Archery? He's a heck of a nice guy

did you get the bow holders from Jim Litmer/Thirdhand Archery? He's a heck of a nice guy

Yes, I bought 2 of them, one for each summit stand. I was very impressed at the way they held the bow tight, without even moving a smidge while he was showing how they work.

Got the ones that were already camoed up. Also bought those tether straps for the stands too!!! Next year, will get those silence strips for the stand platform.

Maytom......the guy you met is Dinsdale, also know as Dan. My wife and I got there late and also met up with him. I wanted to meet the PH he will using this spring for his African hunt. Seems like a heck of a nice guy, I'm sure Dan will have a great hunt.

I'm pretty sure the both you visited was not affiliated with this forum, IIRC it is HuntingWNY.com or similar.

Your right, it must of been the other site!!

• Like 1

Nice show, a little something for everyone.

Ran into guys from 3 different forums unexpectedly.

Said hello to a couple of folks with booths I have done business with before and met up with a new one.

Had no idea Pygmy and maytom would know Tim Herald, bent his ear for a spell on selecting a couple of hunts I have in mind and I appreciated his advice.

Looks like I'll be joining him on a hunt in later 2017 if we can work a few details out. 

Had me a Fish Fry with Lawdwaz and wife on Friday night, a roast beef on weck' for lunch and a Teds hotdog for dinner on Saturday.......missed out on getting wings this trip, maybe next time.

Yes, I bought 2 of them, one for each summit stand. I was very impressed at the way they held the bow tight, without even moving a smidge while he was showing how they work.

Got the ones that were already camoed up. Also bought those tether straps for the stands too!!! Next year, will get those silence strips for the stand platform.

youre not going to believe how great the straps work, so simple. And the holder too, I climb with my bow in it with never a problem