Youth size camo needed

Big Indian

Once again, my daughter has outgrown her spring turkey clothes ( she's a tall and thin 14 yo), don't mind paying for new stuff, but just wondering if anyone may be throwing away clothes that your son/daughter may have outgrown. She's about size 8-10 but rail thin.

Additionally, if anyone is in need of clothes for their young hunter, I have plenty to donate.

Thanks !

• Like 3

I bought about a dozen child-size camo bibs maybe 20 years ago for hunting in some very nasty swamp thickets. They were on sale for like $10 or $12 each, and I'm about 5 1/2' tall so they fit. I shredded most of them in about a week of hunting, but if that size would fit her I'll look around for any that might be left.

From that experience I found that children's hunting gear, even at that price, isn't really worth it. It's just not very well made and the pockets were so shallow that I kept losing stuff like ammo, calls, and sandwiches. Maybe things have changed, and it probably wouldn't be so bad sitting in a turkey blind. Just friendly advice, but I think you both might be better off with some real gear, even if it has to modified a little bit for the next couple of years or carried in and worn only when sitting.

Edit: I was deer hunting and crawling on my elbows, hands, and knees. Just thought I should clarify regarding the actual conditions.

Edited by philoshop

I bought about a dozen child-size camo bibs maybe 20 years ago for hunting in some very nasty swamp thickets. They were on sale for like $10 or $12 each, and I'm about 5 1/2' tall so they fit. I shredded most of them in about a week of hunting, but if that size would fit her I'll look around for any that might be left.

From that experience I found that children's hunting gear, even at that price, isn't really worth it. It's just not very well made and the pockets were so shallow that I kept losing stuff like ammo, calls, and sandwiches. Maybe things have changed, and it probably wouldn't be so bad sitting in a turkey blind. Just friendly advice, but I think you both might be better off with some real gear, even if it has to modified a little bit for the next couple of years or carried in and worn only when sitting.

Edit: I was deer hunting and crawling on my elbows, hands, and knees. Just thought I should clarify regarding the actual conditions.

Thanks. I have good gear, the only place I ever outgrow is in the waistline. I'll look at the bargain stores for her

• Like 1

Every year I need to buy 13 year old daughter new camo and boots. Well worth it just to have her along though. Memories forever . Been taking her turkey scouting pre season since she was 4. Every year, new camo. This year it's her year , youth hunt. At $90 a pop for new pointe shoes ( ballet ) every 6 weeks camo seems cheap

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Searching for used kids size 12-14 camo clothing for daughter. I'd gladly reimburse you for shipping and throw in some of my turkey feathers venison jerky as an extra thank you.

I do have a pair of kids camo boots size 2 worn about 4 times I'd be happy to send if anyone needs them. They're somewhat insulated