Venison Jerky Made in the Oven

Oven at 190? Door ajar ? Home made recipe ? You need a jerky rack my friend I used to use toothpicks, too time consuming. Helpful hint. Put foil lined tray on bottom rack to catch drippings so wife doesn't yell when she cooks , drippings burn and smokes and sets off smoke alarm. Lol I generally will put in oven for 1.5-2.5 hours. Error on moist side as its getting eaten in day or two anyhow. No need to make it 6 months worthy as its going to disappear with my daughter around and I like to share. Looks great btw !

• Like 1

Oven at 190? Door ajar ? Home made recipe ? You need a jerky rack my friend I used to use toothpicks, too time consuming. Helpful hint. Put foil lined tray on bottom rack to catch drippings so wife doesn't yell when she cooks , drippings burn and smokes and sets off smoke alarm. Lol I generally will put in oven for 1.5-2.5 hours. Error on moist side as its getting eaten in day or two anyhow. No need to make it 6 months worthy as its going to disappear with my daughter around and I like to share. Looks great btw !

170 degrees with the door shut from 12:30 am to 7:30am. I agree that tooth picks are time consuming so I use long thin skewers instead. Saves tons of time. Walked in the door at 12:20 am and had these in the oven 10 minutes later. Definitely always use a drip tray. I have a cookie tin under there lined with foil any time I do this - maybe just hard to see in that collage. Here's the single top shot from right when I put them in.

e4e7fa24b9a5db1a8193864c05fa73e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edited by AdirondackBadger
  • Like 1