New York hunting lease

RickMatz

I thinking of leasing hunting land just north of Binghamton and would like to know what others think of this area. I live in Pa but as you might have heard the hunting here is poor to say the least. This is something new as I have never hunted NY or have ever leased land. The land is 145 acres of a mix of woods and CRP fields surrounded by the same. The land owner said there are wild pigs on the property and he would like the pig population controlled but I'm wondering if this is good or bad for the deer population. I was once told that deer will move out of an area where pigs are living. Anybody with experience in this area or with pigs? Thanks 

I thinking of leasing hunting land just north of Binghamton and would like to know what others think of this area. I live in Pa but as you might have heard the hunting here is poor to say the least. This is something new as I have never hunted NY or have ever leased land. The land is 145 acres of a mix of woods and CRP fields surrounded by the same. The land owner said there are wild pigs on the property and he would like the pig population controlled but I'm wondering if this is good or bad for the deer population. I was once told that deer will move out of an area where pigs are living. Anybody with experience in this area or with pigs? Thanks

Why is the hunting so poor in PA?

Y is hunting in PA poor? but if u do lease this land i would say the lower the pig population the better for the deer because the pigs can destroy an area and compete for food with the deer. If u wanted help controlling the pig population on the property i would be happy to waste some ammo down there with you