Close but No Cigar

Water Rat

I was lucky enough to call in 6 Jakes this morning to my decoy. I slowly​ removed my glove and reached into my pants pocket to get my iPhone. At one point they were all within 10' of me before meandering off. Hopefully they make it to next spring.

post-787-0-49365000-1463760829_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

I know how you feel.  Saw nothing on Sat. and my dad sends me a text that there 3 toms 20 yards from my grandmother's house (5 hours drive and two states away from me).  If he had tags...

Last year my wife sent pics of a flock at the pre-school she was working at during turkey season, and deer pics during deer season while she was baby-sitting.

Of course the best is going out hunting all day, come home and find one sitting in your yard after shooting hours are over.

Or last week, hearing gobbles, but not calling one in, then have one fly at you at 12:10 as you are leaving.

• Like 1

I haven't even seen one. Yet on the way home I see them in the fields a mile away. My g/f keeps telling me where she sees them too. For the last week I keep telling her "I don't want to hear it if you see turkeys or deer! I just don't!". She just chuckles at me.

• Like 2