Gotta start carrying ............

fasteddie

If I head out to check cameras or scout new areas I usually don't pack any weapon. If my girls are with me in the woods I do. Years ago in the Finger lakes you didn't see many bear. Today is a different story. Same goes for the coyotes. It is just going to take one crazy animal that gets startled to cause a problem and I what to be on the winning. end. Now that doesn't mean I will take pot shots at yotes any time of the year. It will have to come down to a real dire situation for me to fire the gun. I understand your logic Wooly but I think its a bit of a stretch if we go into the woods packing though. 

• Like 1

That's fox season. Yote season has been Oct 1st through til the end of March for at least 5-10 years.

Fact of the matter is why not carry. I too doubt you'd ever need it , but stranger things have happened. I'm lucky to have never tangled with a yote since I call them at night and have had them sneak in to literally 10yds behind me.

My brother on the other hand did tangle with one a couple years ago after he shot it but it was just stunned. He got bit up on his arms but finally knifed it in the chest. He said they are stupid fast.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up . Oct 25 is for TRAPPING . Oct 1 for hunting .

I don't hunt coyotes ( I have a couple times years ago ) a couple farmers said leave the yotes and fox alone because they help keep the woodchuck population down .