Preference Points/Drawing (WY & PA)

BizCT

Just a reminder to those of you who apply for the PA elk tag and/or WY preference points.

PA ELK drawing is open for applications. $10.90 to apply. Every year I apply for antlered only and any zone, this is my 5th year. I doubt I will ever get picked, but you got to be in it to win it right?

WY preference points can be bought as of July 1st. I just bought my 2nd for deer, 2nd for antelope, and 3rd for Elk.

I'm sure other states may be open right now as well, so I figured this summertime reminder could be helpful to many.

Best of luck to ya Biz!

A close friend of mine moved to Kentucky in 2003 and applied for a resident elk tag every year. He finally got the tag in 2014 and took a nice 5x5 bull.

Patience, grasshopper! ;-]

Nice. In PA, if u draw a bull tag it's like a guaranteed booner! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't give up . One friend out in Washington state just got a Sheep tag, after 26 years of putting in . They give out 4 or was it 6 tags a year.

He'll start off with his Glen Charles made stick bow, as he's a really hard core trad guy.

But the rifle will come out later if need be.

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

Good luck Biz...

The only points I am still accumulating now are CO elk points...Got 12 now..

I quit buying deer points after my 2014 muley hunt.   I won't live long enough to draw another tag in that unit.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reminder for Wyoming. I've been applying in most western states for many years. Drew a great mulie tag in Colorado last year. Started at the beginning again this year for deer in CO. Have 22 PPS for elk. Hope to draw a tag in unit 40 next year.

• Like 1