trail cams on sale $29

There's a difference between a bargain cam and a good cam at a bargain price.

If you're referring to me I never once called this a good cam. I called it a good for $29 cam. If I can buy 5 more cameras for the price of 1 good cam and the pictures are quality enough then what's the problem? I only use cameras to see if there are bucks I'd be happy with around and these will do just that, and if someone walks off with it it's a $29 loss, not $169 like my spypoints...

If you're referring to me I never once called this a good cam. I called it a good for $29 cam. If I can buy 5 more cameras for the price of 1 good cam and the pictures are quality enough then what's the problem? I only use cameras to see if there are bucks I'd be happy with around and these will do just that, and if someone walks off with it it's a $29 loss, not $169 like my spypoints...

I was speaking in general.

Sometimes people can't see the forest for the trees.

This camera has so many weak points that relying on it is a mistake.

Edited by phade

I get that you like higher end cameras, so do I. If it takes pictures when it's supposed to then I really don't care what weak points it has. I still get deer pics I wouldn't have gotten if my "cheap" camera wasn't there. If it lasts a year and dies I don't care, it's $29. It's a great way for someone to increase their camera #'s without spending $500 which could be better spent on other gear. To each their own, I'm a snob when it comes to certain gear too but cameras isn't one of them...

• Like 1

For 29$ I'm in the don't care if it's broken lost or stolen category. Usefully in that purpose as a cam for a second set of eyes. I don't expect it to perform as a well or as long as a higher $ cam.

As an added bonus. It was easy to pass by the wife. ;) a little miffed after just getting another new stand. But it would have been alot worse if it was more expensive.

That said. Someday I'll have a cell cam. Some day. And then a bunch of cheapies.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

I get that you like higher end cameras, so do I. If it takes pictures when it's supposed to then I really don't care what weak points it has. I still get deer pics I wouldn't have gotten if my "cheap" camera wasn't there. If it lasts a year and dies I don't care, it's $29. It's a great way for someone to increase their camera #'s without spending $500 which could be better spent on other gear. To each their own, I'm a snob when it comes to certain gear too but cameras isn't one of them...

Best of luck to you. I will bow out of this thread.

Please do not make further assumptions about me and then post them. Simple request. Thanks.

Edited by phade