Got an out of state Big Game Hunt Planned..??

Pygmy

I've just been invited on a Newfoundland moose hunt this September with a group of friends...

I don't even have all the details yet, other than we will be hunting opening week of the moose season, which opens September 10th...

The party I am going with has hunted with this outfitter several times, and they always tag out...We'll be flying in by helicopter, which will be a first for me...

I'm pretty excited..I really enjoy moose hunting..I've hunted them 3 times in Alaska and once in New Brunswick, but this will be my first Newfie hunt..

Anybody else have an out of state big game hunt planned..??..

I've just been invited on a Newfoundland moose hunt this September with a group of friends...

I don't even have all the details yet, other than we will be hunting opening week of the moose season, which opens September 10th...

The party I am going with has hunted with this outfitter several times, and they always tag out...We'll be flying in by helicopter, which will be a first for me...

I'm pretty excited..I really enjoy moose hunting..I've hunted them 3 times in Alaska and once in New Brunswick, but this will be my first Newfie hunt..

Anybody else have an out of state big game hunt planned..??..

Dan-

Sounds like a great time.  A couple questions;  weapon of choice?  should I plan on cold wet weather?  <grin> 

Weapon of choice...CZ-550 American in 9.3 x 62

Scope... M8 4x Leupold

Load.. Barnes  250 grain TSX over RL-15... 2600 FPS...  Shoots as flat as a 30-06/180 grain.. Kills great with little bloodshot meat..You can "eat right up to the hole"... ;) ..

I plan to take TWO rainsuits and TWO pairs of muck boots... ;D ....

Are you going too, Larry..??..

Both hunts sound like fun; good luck.

Maybe back to New Mexico for another Muley hunt; put in for an Elk tag and see if I draw that first and if I can get a deal on a landowner tag.

If neither of those; I'll see if a late cancellation/left over hunt comes up for something interesting.

Doing New Zealand or Namibia in 2012.

A moose hunt is all I'd like to do at this point(?) and yours sounds good.  The price of those western moose hunts is CRAZY!

I'm sure your hunt is not cheap either but I'd imagine more reasonable than others......................

No outa' state deals for me for a bit for financial considerations  >;) 

Stoney is doing fine... Recovering well from his bypass surgery...

He's contracting again down at Sullivan Park ( 3rd time back since he retired) and doing rehab therapy at Healthworks..

He's not  doing the moose hunt with me, but I think he's got a New Mexico elk hunt in the works....

Good luck in Ohio...Some great hunting there, if you're into the big whitetail thing..

Both hunts sound like fun; good luck.

Maybe back to New Mexico for another Muley hunt; put in for an Elk tag and see if I draw that first and if I can get a deal on a landowner tag.

If neither of those; I'll see if a late cancellation/left over hunt comes up for something interesting.

Doing New Zealand or Namibia in 2012.

Dinsdale..Is your NM deer hunt a draw or a landowner tag..??.. What area do you hunt in NM...??..

What a great state to hunt...I have  hunted SW ( Gila) and north central  near Angel Fire and  up around Chama.. Always for elk.. I love the terrain... SO much easier hunting than the places I have hunted in Colorado... I never had a deer tag, but saw some decent bucks..

The Africa hunt is something I'd love to do, but my limited (fixed) income will not allow it...

Mule deer is landowner.....

I bought a tag last year and did a DYI hunt on a ranch(took a nice 4x4). I have been offered another this year; not sure if I'm going to take it. Going to wait on elk results; he may sell them by then, but thems the chances ya' take.

Same outfitter who buy's those deer tags, does Elk in Unit 34; Cloudcroft area. He does well on shot opportunity, scores are around 310-340. Although we did see some bigger bulls when scouting around after my deer hunt this last fall, one he thought was 400. Hunts out of his place/bunk house; no horses/tents etc.; I applied for bow. Rolling pine hill terrain basically around his place where he lives year round.

The Muley ranch he runs cattle on and is South of him near Pinon; areas 29+30; high desert.

Pretty country out that way.

I have a deposit for a hunt in Namibia in exchange for some work I did for an outfitter there...use at my descretion. Just need some trophy fee money and a plane ticket.

3 years ago I did a trip for 2 to South Africa in a free ranging area; all one needed was $1200 for airfare for a weeks hunting; trophy fees included for 3 animals each......went alone as I could not find anyone to come up with the time+ plane ticket money. :;)

2012's plans hinge on work for this year; a bit slow in the carpenter business right now; hope things pick up a bit this summer. :)

Thanks i have never shot a bear yet. We know the guys that own the outfitter and we will be the first ones in camp so they said the bait sites will be HOTTT cant wait to get it on video and bring back a bear hide. We had the moose hide tanned that i got in New Hampshire in 2008 it makes a great addition to the camp.