2 mos till bow season

genesee_mohican

I scout a lot right after the season and out shed hunting and scouting into May. Then I usually relax a bit during June and July, but it's August and I'm planning again! 

Touching up shooting lanes in current stands, putting up new ones and shooting the bow daily.  Trail camera numbers are getting back to full deployment and scouting a little too. I have a couple of bean fields I need to sneak up on in the evenings to glass as well.

What's everyone else up to?

GM

I have been trying to get the rest of my stands up. Have 3 set up and have 3 more to go. I also have a few spots picked out for my climber. I got my first round of pictures from my two cams and have shots of a couple of bucks when they just started to grow the antlers. Pretty cute. Will leave the cams in the same spot for another few weeks,then I will move them to a friend's property to see if the nice 10 point from last year is still around.

• 1 month later...

Down to two weeks now. 

I forgot how hard it is to put up a new stand, especially a hang on.  Putting up another one today in some thicker cover and hoping the rain storms I see on radar will wash away any scent I leave behind. It's a good looking spot and I'll be looking forward to putting some time in there.