Introducing Str8shooter_USA

Str8shooter_USA

I feel… it is very important to have a memorably complete introduction.  After all, how else will anyone get to know me or me you?    I used to dread coming up with something to say to introduce myself as a new member to a site.  Know what I mean?  After composing the following mini bio, all I do now is copy and paste.  Oh, I’ll make a change here and there to keep all you folk current.  I’m a sweetheart that way.  LOL  Okay, here I go again…

Hi all –

A little about me: I am Rob.  A resident of the Rochester NY area, I have hunted for over forty years since my teens and have fished even before that.  Now a retired accountant, I have a lot of time available to pursue my interests and to locate all those hunting and fishing buddies I haven’t met as yet.  I prefer to be outdoors with others.  Call me, I’m ready to go.  Barb says it’s okay, really.

A minor inconvenience (I am mobile with my cane, walker, scooter or ATV) of a disability has since slowed me down but hasn’t stopped my passion for the outdoors.  In the past, I had limited my hunting to deer and turkey but now include waterfowl as they all can be done from my blind or other cover.  In September 2009 I went on a donated guided black bear hunt in Maine.  No bear, but had a great time.  I’d like to try my hand at feral pigs or boar someday.  I will hunt with a rifle, shotgun, bow, or muzzleloader.

I fish too.  A while back, I had fished bass tournaments with two local clubs.  I started at Rochester Bassmasters and then was a founding member of Flower City Sportsmen.  Now I just enjoy whatever is biting.  As of 2008, I am without a boat. Some buddies of mine who have off from work during the week call sometimes to see if I can get out with them in theirs.  I’m always ready.  LOL  I’d rather fish in a boat than from shore anytime so if you want company in yours sometime, call me.  Retirement makes me available 24/7. 

Some friends and I have started a web site (www.pcsaonline.com) for sportsmen with limitations called Physically Challenged Sportsmen of America.  Soon we hope to incorporate into a non-profit entity.  That’s taking up a bit of my time.  My other interests include ATV riding, playing Euchre or Texas Holdem, cooking, shooting pool, and workshop projects.

Let’s see, what else?  Not a stranger to opening my mouth and adding my $.02 worth to a discussion. Kinda set in my ways. Spent some time cutting, pasting, and deleting (for you computer savvy people) pieces of me until I found a person I can live with while looking in a mirror.  Here I am. Whether you like or dislike me it's okay.  I'm not changing.

After putting this amount of time in writing my bio here, I am expecting some "welcome aboards" or "howdys" or even "what an a$$" from you readers. Don't be shy now.

Rob