Huntstand app

stoneam2006

So download huntstand today and I am impressed shows landowners and boundary lines for all the property I checked and seems really accurate. Abilities to have topo and sat maps in one place with sightings stand locations and kill sites all inclued...wind direction and weather forecast too...

Anyone else use it? Do you like it? Any bugs you have to?

Another one for my fisher friends on here is fiah brain..kinda new so small yet but a place to put your catch and where and how you caught it kinda cool also

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ok...got the boundaries to show up....would like it to stay up when I am marking stands so I can tell where they are in relation to the property lines......is that an option or can you only see the info and lines when you go to save it?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What I did was use the draw line option and basically traced the property line bc they will how up all the time when looking at specific property...I am still tinkering with the app

Don't  know why but most of the properties I have checked have wrong info. Most have no info. I checked 17 properties. Some were just homes not hunting properties. Did that because I was seeing bad or no info. Only had 3 of the 17 come up with correct owner and property lines. My home was one that wrong. Shows the neighbor owns halv the house. Some of the properties it will not go to when address is used. I move map to area click on property it has wrong owner and shows no boundaries. One property in went to with address only thing it showed it as being a half mile down the road on neighbors property. One of my hunting properties has wrong owner and boundaries are way off.

These properties are all owned by friends or family , have been for years. I have all the maps and info for them so I know the info that is comeing up is wrong. Can't  figure out why some properties have no info or boundaries.

Does anyone know if maybe I have a setting that should changed. I have tried everything I can think of. At this point I am thinking the app is crap and would not trust any of the info it gives.

Like I said it could just be a setting problem. Good thing it is free I would hate to have paid for this info. Or lack there of. Any help would be great It looks like it could be usefull if info were there and correct.

Edited by stubby68

Don't  know why but most of the properties I have checked have wrong info. Most have no info. I checked 17 properties. Some were just homes not hunting properties. Did that because I was seeing bad or no info. Only had 3 of the 17 come up with correct owner and property lines. My home was one that wrong. Shows the neighbor owns halv the house. Some of the properties it will not go to when address is used. I move map to area click on property it has wrong owner and shows no boundaries. One property in went to with address only thing it showed it as being a half mile down the road on neighbors property. One of my hunting properties has wrong owner and boundaries are way off.

These properties are all owned by friends or family , have been for years. I have all the maps and info for them so I know the info that is comeing up is wrong. Can't  figure out why some properties have no info or boundaries.

Does anyone know if maybe I have a setting that should changed. I have tried everything I can think of. At this point I am thinking the app is crap and would not trust any of the info it gives.

Like I said it could just be a setting problem. Good thing it is free I would hate to have paid for this info. Or lack there of. Any help would be great It looks like it could be usefull if info were there and correct.

That's wierd all land I checked was fine...I don't trust boundaries 100 percent but are close enough for what I wanted...good info for looking for new ground to hunt or trap gives you a general idea...and I don't hunt that close to borders unless absolutly nessasary

3 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

That's wierd all land I checked was fine...I don't trust boundaries 100 percent but are close enough for what I wanted...good info for looking for new ground to hunt or trap gives you a general idea...and I don't hunt that close to borders unless absolutly nessasary

Yea I It looks like It could be very usefull tool. Figured it might also give a fair idea of boundaries. I checked properties I already had all the info on and have known for years first jut to see how accurate it was.  I did not think it would be perfect but didn't  expect it to be as far off as it is or to not show any info. on one hunting property I have it shows my stand 200 yards or so on neighbor property. Kind of hard when it is in the middle of 400 acres. Like i said maybe it is me but from what it has shown me I would not recommend using it. You could walk onto property that this shows is a very long ways off. 

Just tried logging in with my computer. Now I know why I wasn't seeing boundary lines or owners. Says, "no parcel data available for that county"! I also mapped my house in a different county and got the same message.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Edited by Cabin Fever

Done it on my phone computer and tablet. Sam results on all 3. I can go to county site and info is there. I can also check on a neighboring property and it has info. Then check on another and nothing. It is hit and miss and some hits I know for a fact to have wrong info.

Didn't really think it could give me real boundary info anyways. Not when I have  to get survey info through owner because it is not a viable to public.

Not with this app....i would use the county gis sight if I were you.
What I did was mark some points on the property using this app and then transferred them over to the gis when I got home and checked the were on or off the property we are allowed to hunt.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I put Huntstand on my computer . I can get Land Boundaries in Livingston County but not for Wayne County . Otherwise , it is pretty neat . I started to put it on my phone . It asked about billing info and I quit . I have Verizion so I don't know if I would be charged if I used it . 

• Like 1

I put Huntstand on my computer . I can get Land Boundaries in Livingston County but not for Wayne County . Otherwise , it is pretty neat . I started to put it on my phone . It asked about billing info and I quit . I have Verizion so I don't know if I would be charged if I used it . 

I have Verizon and haven't encountered thay yet...did you accidently click on Premium feature if there is one?

18 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Is there a way to get the GPS coordinates on the corners of the properties ? 

Left click on the elevation icon top of page, move the cursor to the spot you want to ID then Right and Left Click at the same time, Lond., Lat., and Elevation pop up on the screen.

• Like 1