Your personal rule of thumb?

nybuckboy

I'm the same way, I can't help myself. Although I started duck hunting and that takes a couple mornings in October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot I'm exact opposite I can't wait to sit in the woods and listen to the squirrels run around and birds chirping. Even if nothing comes by its still one of my favorite things to do. Not to mention the weather is better so I can take my son along without him getting cold and complaining lol...wish full xbow would happen so my dad could join in when it's nicer out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Shoot I'm exact opposite I can't wait to sit in the woods and listen to the squirrels run around and birds chirping. Even if nothing comes by its still one of my favorite things to do. Not to mention the weather is better so I can take my son along without him getting cold and complaining lol...wish full xbow would happen so my dad could join in when it's nicer out.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Oh I love it too and I don't think I could ever get burnt out if hunting my wife on the other hand does start getting a little burnt out of being a single mother by late Nov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

All very good advice. Try to be out there as much as you can while still enjoying it. I also have a hard time waiting for November to spend more time in the woods. Heck,I have a hard time waiting for October. Observing deer is the best way to figure them out a little more. I went for a walk/scout yesterday and snuck up on a doe and little one to within 20yds and pretended to draw my bow. She would have been a goner if it was for real. Amazing how unconcerned deer are this time of year before there is a ton of human scent in the woods. Too bad it doesn't stay that way...