Some bucks at the mobile licking branch

Buckstopshere

A few bucks at the zip-tied mobile licking branch. Some in velvet, some hard-horn. One still has velvet on its antlers. I started this overhanging branch last winter. They have been pounding it. I plan on sniping the end with all the saliva and pheromones off, transporting it in a plastic bag, miles away to another mobile licking branch,  and zip-tying there. I move the branches around all season. It makes the resident bucks think invaders...alien bucks are moving into their range. It's the most effective way to keep bucks around IMO.

Wide 6 pt. still in velvet 9.1.16 .jpg

8 pt. buck in hardhorn following two in velvet .jpg

Shedding 8 pt. at overhanging branch. Look carefully and see the pieces of velvet still on the antlers.  .jpg

Velvet shed crabclaw 8 at zip-tied overhanging branch .jpg

Wide 6 working the branch .jpg

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Buckstopshere said:

Yep, with as hot as it has been every day, I'm surprised they move at all! :heat:They seem to prefer to move at the coolest times.  Once we start getting some decent temps, I expect to see more diurnal action at the mobile branches.

Here's hoping. Nothing but younger Bucks so far this year on cam. I usually have 1 or 2 decent 3 yr olds by now. Some big hoof prints around tho. Probably my 10 point ghost