Just learned that .223 is legal

Borngeechee

53 minutes ago, jjb4900 said:

you can can load that sucker sucker right to the top.........throw a few extra magazines in your bag as well,  but make sure you top them off first.

Don't have any mags for it just the original box mag and stripper clips :)

I think that round has killed more life on earth then about anything else :)  in some parts of the world you can still  get  them for $25 crazy  . 

Edited by LJC

1 hour ago, LJC said:

Ok let's start a new argument

AR vers sks and AK's  

Which one is a better all in one gun dual purpose weapon best  if you only got have one and needed it for both hunting and  defense. Lol 

Dude, is that all you like to do is argue?? There's much better ways to spend your day! Try going out in the woods to relieve some of this pent up tension that you seem to have. Or take a cold shower...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cabin Fever said:

Dude, is that all you like to do is argue?? There's much better ways to spend your day! Try going out in the woods to relieve some of this pent up tension that you seem to have. Or take a cold shower...

That was a joke lighten up :)

Shawnhu I’m going to take the high road here and not trade insults with you. But if you want to go down that road I’m more than ready. You ask if I knew the difference between external and terminal ballistics and I answered your question. So I asked you a question and instead of answering it you started with the insults. Will try this one more time and I’ll give you more info.

Why could I not use a bullet heavier than 60gr’s in my Remington 700 VS in 22-250. It’s ok not to know but you should seeing you’re using a 223 for deer.

Shawnhu I’m going to take the high road here and not trade insults with you. But if you want to go down that road I’m more than ready. You ask if I knew the difference between external and terminal ballistics and I answered your question. So I asked you a question and instead of answering it you started with the insults. Will try this one more time and I’ll give you more info.

Why could I not use a bullet heavier than 60gr’s in my Remington 700 VS in 22-250. It’s ok not to know but you should seeing you’re using a 223 for deer.

Larry, if you have a memory issue, I can help in reminding you that you threw the first stone, and I'll be right here when you're ready.

Dinsdale your right my 22-250 has a 1in 14 twist rate. It won’t stabilize a bullet much heavier than 60gr’s. Shawnhu’s 223 if it’s a bolt gun in all probability has a 1 in 12 twist rate and would have the same problem with stability of longer bullets. That’s because both rounds are classified as varmint rounds not deer rounds.

Dinsdale your right my 22-250 has a 1in 14 twist rate. It won’t stabilize a bullet much heavier than 60gr’s. Shawnhu’s 223 if it’s a bolt gun in all probability has a 1 in 12 twist rate and would have the same problem with stability of longer bullets. That’s because both rounds are classified as varmint rounds not deer rounds.

Keep on assuming Larry.

I will chime in here for just this, it is not only twist rate but barrel length also most standard AR platforms in .223 /5.56 are carbine length 16in. barrels and won't stabilize a bullet heavier than 60 grs. Having said that the average bolt gun has a barrel length of 24 inches or longer which make a more stable bullet even with a 1:14 twist you can also get a twist rate down to 1:9 but not from a factory without special order. At 1:9 you could stabilize a 70gr bullet in the bolt gun very well even a 22-250 at 4000 ft/s will do very well in the 24in @ 1:9. Would I use either for a deer? No I prefer a 30 caliber hole and a deer I have to track about 2 ft.

http://www.accurateshooter.com/cartridge-guides/22-250/

Edited by Big John