Oct 1 or 8

stoneam2006

If you go out early in the morning, I would start in about 40 ft of water and troll large, chartruse, rattling j-plugs near the bottom on a downriggger and/or on a large dipsy diver.    They will move a little deeper later in the day (100 ft or so), but come back into the shallows, especially at creek mouths, towards evening.   Heavy overcast skies may keep them shallow all day long. The whole schedule seems to be pushed back about a month this year due to record high water temperature, so we are looking at normal late August/early September patterns right now.   I would not expect to find many up the creeks or at the piers until the water temp drops into the mid to lower 60's.   Make sure your line is fresh (I would go with 14 - 20 lb test) and your drag is not too tight.  Most guy's are already done for the season, so you won't have much interference out there.   Good luck.    

If you go out early in the morning, I would start in about 40 ft of water and troll large, chartruse, rattling j-plugs near the bottom on a downriggger and/or on a large dipsy diver.    They will move a little deeper later in the day (100 ft or so), but come back into the shallows, especially at creek mouths, towards evening.   Heavy overcast skies may keep them shallow all day long. The whole schedule seems to be pushed back about a month this year due to record high water temperature, so we are looking at normal late August/early September patterns right now.   I would not expect to find many up the creeks or at the piers until the water temp drops into the mid to lower 60's.   Make sure your line is fresh (I would go with 14 - 20 lb test) and your drag is not too tight.  Most guy's are already done for the season, so you won't have much interference out there.   Good luck.    

Yea they are catching them at the piers between 1am and 6am. Fish report puts them in 60 fow right now. Glad you chimed in about rig...I'm getting some dipsy divers this weekend and will now be looking a the plugs also. Thanks for info I will keep updated as I get closer...

Anyone ever launched at charlotte?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎09‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:33 AM, stoneam2006 said:

Ok I'm looking at fishing either the 1st or 8th on lake o for salmon out of Rochester in front of the genny. Trolling for salmon. Any tips or pointers from anyone here

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

How'd it go today ?

Been a tough year.  The water temps and screwy winds stopped the large mass staging like normal.  I think they are trickling in.  Saw some yesterday way up irondequoit creek but still sparse. Good luck. 

We are pulling the boat this week. Time to hunt.