Another cool night

Bowguy 1

This evening my 13 year old daughter n I went hunting. Skye was ready n excited. First deer down a doe at 10 yards. Saw the blind or movement perhaps n just backed up hill. A half hour or so later she taps my arm n days dad can I shoot this? A single bear maybe 200 is coming right for us. Gets to the same ten doe was n stops. Bad angle. Bear starts towards blind stopping at 4 yards (my rangefinder couldn't even read spot it stood after it left). The stare down starts n lasts prob not too long but to her with a bear at 4 paces it prob felt close. Turns to leave n I tell her to draw, the bear offers no angle n she can't get bow back. She's been shooting since age 2 so I'm thinkin it was nerves. Gets to 20 n comes back passing the blind at the same 10. The blind is brushed in good n in heavy cover. She shoot n hit a 1-2" sapling ugh. Bear stops at 25 but I don't let her shoot n my bow was sitting there w no arrow on string as I don't shoot w kids, mine or anyone's. Half hour before dark another doe at 17, she draws but shot angle goes away n we're done a bit later. Hearing her tell her mom the story was comical. Another fun night in the NY woods

Edited by Bowguy 1
  • Like 6

This evening my 13 year old daughter n I went hunting. Skye was ready n excited. First deer down a doe at 10 yards. Saw the blind or movement perhaps n just backed up hill. A half hour or so later she taps my arm n days dad can I shoot this? A single bear maybe 200 is coming right for us. Gets to the same ten doe was n stops. Bad angle. Bear starts towards blind stopping at 4 yards (my rangefinder couldn't even read spot it stood after it left). The stare down starts n lasts prob not too long but to her with a bear at 4 paces it prob felt close. Turns to leave n I tell her to draw, the bear offers no angle n she can't get bow back. She's been shooting since age 2 so I'm thinkin it was nerves. Gets to 20 n comes back passing the blind at the same 10. The blind is brushed in good n in heavy cover. She shoot n hit a 1-2" sapling ugh. Bear stops at 25 but I don't let her shoot n my bow was sitting there w no arrow on string as I don't shoot w kids, mine or anyone's. Half hour before dark another doe at 17, she draws but shot angle goes away n we're done a bit later. Hearing her tell her mom the story was comical. Another fun night in the NY woods

Edited by Bowguy 1
  • Like 2