what do you think is harder????

Nyhunter325

question for the die hards which is harder callin in a turkey that has been hit with everything but the kitchen sink or a gobbler with hens?

i think its the one that has been called at by every hunter in the state just about i had a bird come in to me and just stop its mind boggling that they will be working into you and just stop mid strut and everything and have another bright idea just to walk off cause he dont like the situation lol what do you guys think?

I use my voice not a call..well sometimes both at once ..voice and a sltae...but called in all kinds of hens so...that's not a problem...just knowing when and how long to be quiet is the challenge for me...I've called before and then waited an hour before the bird finally made it in

• 4 weeks later...

Use to hunt State forest with seasonal roads throughout. Guys would stop their vehicle, hen call, not hear a response, slam the door and drive a little further on to repeat the process. Think a hunter could call one of these toms in that was within 1/2 mile of the road....? Oh, the turkeys were there. Your spring turkey hunting strategy took on another level of complications. A tom with hens, a buck with a hot doe or closing time at the pub - You will not separate them. In general, toms with hens are the most difficult until you learn to hunt the hens. Public land has it's issues also.

• 5 weeks later...