Johnson 3HP AND Mercury 4 stroke 4HP $100 ea

I have a 1991 Johnson 2 stroke 3 HP outboard that ran fantastic for all its life, VERY strong motor, and has a new water pump in 2003? or 04? , and has been in the shed for 4 years, has a mouse nest in the cowling so I'm betting a carb cleaning is in order. general tune up since it's sitting so long. this is a 50:1 2 stroke and works great on rowboats and on the 18 foot Grumman canoe.

I'm discounting the price because of the needed tune up. $100 cash  pick up in Bennington Vermont

also for sale $100 cash is 2008?  Mercury 4 stroke 4 HP I bought in the Hartford Connecticut Cabelas to use on a horsepower restricted lake that year here in the east, it has been winterized and in the shed in Vermont for 4 years I checked it over and think the gas line into the onboard tank/ external tank switch is split, it looks like it to me but I have no gas on hand to try it and after heart surgery I can't even lift a gallon of milk so pull starting these motors is OUT of the question.

Cabelas told me figure $100-$175 for complete tune up and gas line replacement if needed, carb clean, etc. and not to be in a hurry for it...

Do me a favor and take both these motors off my hands for $150 for the pair if bought together for cash.

Pick up in Bennington, Vermont, email is SlickRockPack at Outlook dot Com

Edited by slickrockpack
is there a way to be notified when there is a reply??

according to Cabelas website the Mercury is 55 pounds Mercury® Four-Stroke Outboard Motors

Item number: IK - 017287  MODEL 4M 4ST 15"

and the Johnson 3 HP according to the NADA boat pricing guide is 27 pounds

speaking with a young man about these motors I forgot that not everyone is familiar with small outboards, the 4hp merc has reverse, the Johnson motors do not, only neutral and forward, you turn the motor all the way around to go backwards.

The merc has a twist grip throttle, the Johnson has a lever that controls throttle on the face of the motor, the tiller handle literally is only a tiller, it steers and nothing else.

• Like 1