Direction of deer tracks in snow (easy)

Core

always look for the dew claws. oh yeah and my friend was hunting out west i think it was colordo and the thats the way they tell deer tracks from sheep . sheep dont have them  but the droppings are a nother story they are identical, he was hunting where there were sheep ranches

Funny story.  I was hunting Moose River in the snow and was suppose to pick up my buddy Shawn at this bridge area after dark.  I get to a spot early in the AM and about a hour or so after first light I see this Doe come charging through the area but she is going back and forth for some reason?  I thought it was strange but that she might be trying to dodge a buck or lose a predator.  About 10 minutes later I see a hunter trudging through the area right on her track, all I could do was laugh as this area has no doe tags.   

I pick my buddy up at dark and he tells me about an old man and his son and how they are tracking a BIG ONE and "if he sees it,  you know.  (It's our deer, your not allowed to shoot him!)  lol was a bit pissed off someone would tell another hunter not to shoot a buck they are tracking but then realized it was the same guy tracking the doe! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1