Anyone shoot .204 Ruger off the shelf ammo?

I am looking for a recommendation for .204 Ruger ammo that I can buy online (I don't reload). I care much more about killing a coyote than saving its pelt. From what I can tell in the research I have done so far, the Hornady 204 Ruger 45 gr Soft Point Superformance is my best bet link. Note that my rifle is a CZ 527 Varmint with a 1 in 12 twist 24" barrel. Another option that looked interesting was the HSM Trophy Gold Ammunition 204 Ruger 40 Grain Berger Varmint Hollow Point Boat Tail link Any thoughts?

Shoot whatever your rifle groups well   ALL .204 ammo is geared for varmints and I am sure that whatever load your rifle likes will do a good job of killing any coyote, given a solid torso hit.. It ain't like you are shooting elk here.. HIT 'em, you'll kill 'em..

16 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Can't but online in NY

I've read on a predator hunting forum (barkatthemoon) that a lot of guys are shooting coyotes with factory .204 ammo  with little pelt damage. Not sure which ones but it's worth a gander over there.

I'm in Florida right now, so looking to stock up. I forgot about that forum. I will take a look. Thanks.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Can't but online in NY

I've read on a predator hunting forum (barkatthemoon) that a lot of guys are shooting coyotes with factory .204 ammo  with little pelt damage. Not sure which ones but it's worth a gander over there.

There are a few that will ship to your FFL. Ammo falls under similar guidelines as firearms.

Many online retailers won't support us, but there are some that will ship to your FFL.  Bud's Gun Guns Shop and Champion's Choice to name 2.