Mid-January bucks at zip-tie scrape

Buckstopshere

Always interesting to see behavior at the zip-tied licking branch, especially when a younger buck shows dominance over an older buck that is licking the branch. In this case, I would guess it is a 1.5 year old and a 2.5 year old...for my neck of the woods. I would have posted the photo/vid of the interaction on this site, but I have maxed out my megabyte upload limit here. But you can see it off site at this link: If it is slow or doesn't work... See the vid on my facebook page. Link below:

IMG_0389.JPG

Edited by Buckstopshere
  • Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By CrossOvertheRiverOutdoors
      Hey Everyone! I just uploaded a new video to my YouTube channel! If ya'll enjoy watching whitetails in the rut then you need to watch this! One of the coolest encounters that I've ever been able to video! All filmed off the back of my horse. Note: this is not on a deer farm. These are all wild free ranging whitetails! I'd love it if ya'll would give me some follows on my hunting pages! You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram  and YouTube at Cross Over the River Outdoors! I hope Ya'll enjoy the video! God Bless! 
    • By Buckstopshere
      Interesting how bucks spar (fight) after the rut, reestablishing their hierarchy. Those bucks that drop or shed early, also drop in status in the bachelor group. 

• By nybigbuck
      Latest camera pull in my new spot.  Not much showed until now.  Couple of nice bucks to watch. Not sure what the last one is?  Neighbors dog?

• By Rebel Darling
      Police, paid sharpshooters, archers: How Upstate NY communities kill excess deer
      http://www.newyorkupstate.com/outdoors/2017/03/paid_sharpshooters_police_archers_shoot_excess_deer_in_upstate_ny_communities.html
      The article provides info on each approach and uses cull numbers and costs for the towns that choose one of the approaches.
      Because I'm a bow hunter, I'll include the following:

• By Buckstopshere
      Only have these three photos on the trail cam of this buck the other day (1.22.17.) I have never seen this whitetail buck before on camera. Hopefully will have more mass and be a main frame 10 next year...err in a few months.