Pheasant recipe

crappyice

I am looking for your best pheasant recipes. Any stews? Pot pies? Crock pot?

Most things I have found call for can of mushroom soup which I find so unappealing. I can dig through a gut pile looking for the heart but can't stomach the sight of cream of mushroom giggling out of a can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to make mine Marsala style.   I'll cut the pheasant into strips and put a little bit a flour on them. And then sauté them in some butter just until their golden brown but not fully cooked. Then I'll toss and mushrooms garlic and shallots and sauté that up until they're cooked. Then I'll put in about a cup of marsala wine and another cup of chicken stock.  Put the pheasant back in the pan and cover. Cook on low for maybe 30 minutes then uncover to reduce.  You can eat this over rice or mix it in with pasta or you can just eat it as is.

• Like 3

I do a lemon and artichoke pheasant breast that my family likes. It's a take on chicken piccatta, but with artichoke hearts dropped in towards the end. 

Dredge pheasant breast in seasoned flour, sautee' in olive oil and put aside. 

Toss in a little more olive oil or butter and a few tablespoons of flour and cook a bit.

Deglaze pan with juice from 2-3 lemons and some chicken stock...the flour you dredged the breast in plus the extra makes a roux and the sauce will start to thicken. If more liquid is needed, I add more stock. 

Toss in some capers and artichoke hearts (canned or thawed frozen, not marinated) and heat through. 

Serve with some egg noodles or rice and a side veg and you are good.

Enjoy!