Single Shots

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

i've thought about getting a barrel for my prohunter in 22LR but they're not as easy to find now.  that's the only single shot i've got.  it's like the double barrel shotgun thread.... one can have only so many things to put money into to acquire nice stuff.

I had a .308 barrel for mine which I sold to fund something else. Now its just a muzzleloader. i should probably sell it and get an Omega or a CVA

There was an outfit out of Wyoming a few years back reproducing the old Marlin Ballard single shot rifles in many custom configurations and chamberings. I contacted them about chambering this model with a shorter and lighter contour barrel in a rimfire 22 mag and they said they would, just send them the money. I was a little light in the wallet at the time and had to decline. The company folded a few years ago so even if I win the lottery I am screwed.

Al

2017-02-03_162831.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

Wow !  What a beautiful rifle, Al....

With your interest in quality single shot rifles, you should check out Joe Seeley in Campbell...

He is a great all around gunsmith/gunmaker  and his passion is fine single shot rifles..

He worked for Sharps for a number of years

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
I had a .308 barrel for mine which I sold to fund something else. Now its just a muzzleloader. i should probably sell it and get an Omega or a CVA

The fit finish is hands down better than a CVA optima anyway. Still nice guns but a Tc Prohunter is a better gun. Mine will probably stay a muzzle loader. Cant see getting a CF bbl versus a 17hmr 22lr or Katadin short 50cal ml bbl for my needs anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1