Pics of first Buck

QB1

I suppose many photos from members may have been from many years ago and tough to upload but I thought it would be cool to see some of pics of everyone's first Buck taken.  Here is mine from my first season shotgun hunting in 2007.  It was a 9pt, we measured it this year at approx 108-110 inches.  Had a grin from ear to ear for days.....

post-186-131455425593_thumb.jpg

Nice pictures, guys....

I'd like to show you a picture of my first deer, but I can't remember which cave wall I drew it on... ::O ....

Yep, kinda hard to scan them stone tablets.................lmao

Headlines read................Pygmy bags huge buckarasorous near the tar pits.

FDXX75

Hehehehehe... Something like that..

I bagged him with one of those bonded accu-point monolithic ballistic tip nitro triple shock expandible quadruple fixed blade mono ass kicking stone spear points lashed to the end of my super lightweight laminate ash-hickory- piss elmwood shaft...

Only STUNNED the critter, so I had to bash him in the head with a big rock to finish him...

He ate good tho... Me and my soulmate at the time ; Buffalo Wallow Woman, ate him up from toenail to antler, except for the hide, which she used to make my moccassins for next couple of years..

Good old Buffalo Wallow Woman...She was one of my FIRST Girlfriends...I can still remember sitting with her down behind old Milo Fernbender's rendering works, picking fleas and ticks from each other as we shared a sixpack of MEISTERBRAU pounders....

I sure do MISS her.....<<sigh>>....

We would probably still be together if she hadn't run off with that damn Jewish vaseline salesman..

OK Hunter 49....You made me feel guilty.... :-[ ....

No pictures, but here's the real " no BS" story....

He was a 3 point... Shot him with  an old M37 Win 12 ga. single shot that had no blueing left on it... I was aiming at his shoulder and hit him right behind the ear....

He had a fork on one side and a spike on the other..  I was so excited I did not realize he had a fork..Dragged him about 200 yards uphill by the spike.. Wore a BLISTER on my hand from the spike sliding out of my hand.. Had him back at the truck before I realized he had a fork on the other side I COULD have been dragging him by..

It was the day after Thanksgiving in 1966...

geeze you old timers have good memories...mine first buck was also a three pointer, shot it with the bow during a drive, also had a button buck come through that was within about three feet of me first. I passed on the lil skipper and ended up with the 3. I hit him at @ ten yards as he was walking in the artery along the back and he fell over with in 50 yards, I was a youngster and I think it was my third deer and it was deffinitly my second with the bow. I do vividly remember the blood that came out of him the second I hit him, that was something.

And I will have to research the archives to see where the old man has the pic, its in a book somewhere I'm sure.

That's pretty cool, 49...Something to remember... 7 for 7....

Best I ever did was 4 for 4...It was opening day in PA ( Tioga County)  and 4 of us had our 4 bucks by noon...Smallest was a spike and biggest was a 120 -ish 10  point...I DO have a picture of that, but it's an old photo and I'm not sure how to get it transferred onto the forum...

Nice pictures, guys....

I'd like to show you a picture of my first deer, but I can't remember which cave wall I drew it on... ::) ....

Pygmy...took a hike yesterday and may have saw your first buck pic....looks like a doozy!

Man I am bored at work....

post-186-131455425642_thumb.jpg

THANKS, Mizro...!!....

Yeah, that's ME all right....  I was a lot slimmer back in those days... :) ...

Notice those feathers in my hat...??..  Those feathers are from the now extinct Kazooney-zooney bird...

The Kazooney-zooney bird is now EXTINCT due to it's strange social habit of flying in ever decreasing concentric circles until it flies up it's own a**hole... Kinda like Democrats...

And there is your "fact is stranger than ficton"  tidbit for today....

Had to do some digging to find this old scan.

Let's see if this works.

OK looks like it will.

Still gotta figure out this scanner to increase the pic size.

Back in 1991

Opening day using dads Reminton 1100 semi auto with remington foster style 12ga slugs.

Pops decided to sit his usual stump a short walk from home overlooking a creekbottom while myself and my brother in law pushed the woods around him. I made my way to the edge of the apple orchard where I'd  been seeing deer all along prior to the season opener. Working my way up a ridgeline beside it I stopped to scan the valley below that was protected from the windy weather we had that day.

My concentration was broken by a nearby gunshot from further up the ridge so I stopped and waited as dad had told me to do awaiting a missed oppertunity by another hunter to present itself. After about 5 minutes I got a little antsy and marched on towards the orchard.

20 yds from it's edge I heard the tell-tale sound of deer crashing through headed my way. I readied for the oppertunity and brought my gun to shoulder no sooner than they came running full bore from the apples into the open woods 20 yds opposite the valley side I'd been watching.

One deer passed, then a second.., then a third before finally a fourth wearing what looked like 2 spike antlers for a hat emerged. With only a buck tag the others had earned a pass but this dude was fair and legal game.

As I put the magnified scope to my eye panic set in when I couldn't locate the running buck in it's crosshairs. Instinct had already taken over and many seasons of plinking small game with my pellet guns, bb guns and .22's had me looking at my target and following him with the barrel paying no attention to the scope.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

That buck never missed a step and kept on the same path the others had previously taken.

At this point I threw my cap to the ground in aggrevation of missing my first chance. I sat there for a while just to take in everything that just happened and devise a gameplan to get back on them.

With a slight coat of snow on the ground I figured to trail them far as I could and maybe catch up to them once they calmed down if I was cautious enough. 100 yds into following the tracks I came to the powerline clearing just a bout 100 yds behind where dad was setting. I sure didn't want to disturb his hunt so I made a right at the clearing and spotted blood almost immediately. I stopped to look around only to see my deer piled up under an immature pine just off the powerline right of way.

When I finally reached him to lift his head, to my amazement he had 4 pts and the shot could not have been better had I used the scope. After admiring my first buck for a while i looked up and could see dads blaze orange parked where he had been all along. At this point I was so excited I kept yelling "Dad, dad, dad".

He finally got up and made his way to me. I was grinning from ear to ear saying "I got him, I got him". Dad never spoke a word before he reached me and looked at the downed buck, smiled and said... "that's right where you're supposed to get 'em".

He extended his hand to congradulate me and said "good job"!!

By that time my brother in law had made his way over to the kill scene and pops put him in charge of field dressing duty before we dragged that little buck home and off to the butcher.

Sorry for the long story, but that's the way it happened! ;)

Field photos were not a priority back then so excuse my back at home pic. That's my BIL in the orange, I never did get a shot of me and pops with that deer unfortunately but the memmories will live forever! :D

scan0001-14-1-1.jpg