Deer pictures

Hello All,

Attached are some pictures that I retrieved from last weekend, one camera was setup on one of my clover plots and the other was setup on a ridge top of a traveling/bedding coridor. Some pics are of up and coming bucks and of a pregnant doe that looks like shes ready to explode. Enjoy.

post-18-131455286446_thumb.jpg

post-18-131455286468_thumb.jpg

post-18-131455286736_thumb.jpg

post-18-13145528679_thumb.jpg

I dont mind a bit, you can pick my brain anytime as I can talk deer and food plots all day long. I have no problem passing on the knowledge I have learned through the years. Its a whole lot of work to put in a plot correctly, but the payoff are well worth it. Nothing like sitting back and looking at a bright green field of clover, chikory and turnips knowing you did that. And the deer in your area will be healthier.

Burmjohn: I like many got caught up in the hype of comercial made blends, however my first ever food plots I did a test where I used 2.5 lbs of a comercial blend of clover/chikory mix that cost me $40 and my other plot I used a mix of ladino clover, birdsfoot treefoil, rape, red clover and yellow clover that cost me half that of the commercial blend and If I remember correctly I got 5 lbs of the agway mix . Both plots have and continue to work equally well, but there is absolutely no need for commercial blends. Just go to your local agway and if they dont have they can get any seed for you. If you dont have an agway near you, let me know and I can get any seed for you and then you can pick up in brooklyn. The plot in my pictures is the agway seed mix. The turnips (Pasja Turnips) I put in last year came from agway as well and my turnips (Purple Tops) this year will come from Agwayl, we will also be planting broccoli rabe from seeds that my father made.

Cool thanks for the feedback.  There are actually 2 agways near by, one in Monticello and one in PA. 

Ahhh Broccoli Rabe.... With sausage, its so good! One of my specialties.

Get about a pound of sausage, cook it in a little bit of olive oil till about 75% done.  Drain fat.

Then take some red pepper, about a cup of white wine, cup of chicken broth...  Cook for another 10 min.

Then toss in the rabe  and mix it up for about 5 min. 

While cooking the sausage and rabe boil up some bow tie noodles till done. 

Mix in the noodles w/ about a 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese

Done. (might have forgot some minor stuff)

:P

Once I get internet in the house upstate I am going to string up some camera wire to one of the busiest spots on the property and get a live feed to my computer in cali wherever and whenever.  Since Im an electrician why not?  A few cameras and I could see whats going on all the time.