Is everyone alright?

Karpteach

HEY Karp, I think everyone is preoccupied with the changing season. Right now we're in kind of a limbo. Thinking about getting the boat ready, starting the garden, retrieving tree stands that where left in the frozen woods, turkey hunting, fixing stuff on the house, and a ton of other things. Not to mention getting to the range or letting a few shafts fly!

Hey Karp, yes yard work has begun, has to cut up couple trees that fell in my yard. Been running my dogs on rabbit, and for me same as going rabbit hunting, except no gun, but try to bring camera when I go. Used to hate this time of year as the hunting seasons are over, but now I welcome the change, and look forward to the garden and my fruit trees and seeing what produces. Also been busy with keeping geese off my lawn, as had to clean up 5 shovel fulls of poop. I went to dicks and bought a coyote decoy with a mooving tail and turkey decoys that move with the wind, and have not seen a goose since :O:) , Hope everbody has a nice spring 8)

No friggin luck for private land.  Bellmore, count me in. Thanks again, my daughter is trying to talk my wife into getting a beagle pup after watching your videos. However, my wife was considering the idea till last night. My couch potato American eskimo treed a possum barking his head off, we could not get to settle down for 3/4 of an hour.

i actually have not been on here much lately... i have been working like a dog... almost 30 days in a row and no day off yet. i have been on supraforums alot since i am in my final stage of getting the Supra up and running on E85. I am very excited to get the new clutch in, blow off valve, injectors and get it tuned... i bet we all go from one hobby right into the next!

I have car season, fishing season, camping, so much to do lol. Biggest thing right now is getting the car ready.  :(

it has been pretty quiet tho...

Yes karp me too, i planted 2 kiwi trees yesterday, and another rasberry bush, as well as trimming the blackberry bushes that were overgrown. Uncovered fig tree few days ago, thank god because yesterday was 80 degrees. Today have to rake the garden and clean up strawberry bushes and then have to till the garden and work in the manure. It is good hard work, that somehow makes you feel better about things and appreciate everything you grow.. Enjoy the weekend guys!!

Hey Bellmore, I was going to wait till April to uncover my fig trees. Planting a mimosa tree today and have put in a weeping cherry and a few Japanese maples a red and two greens. Have to get some chicken manure, somehow. They claim its the best, it has no seeds?

Yes karp me too, i planted 2 kiwi trees yesterday, and another rasberry bush, as well as trimming the blackberry bushes that were overgrown. Uncovered fig tree few days ago, thank god because yesterday was 80 degrees. Today have to rake the garden and clean up strawberry bushes and then have to till the garden and work in the manure. It is good hard work, that somehow makes you feel better about things and appreciate everything you grow.. Enjoy the weekend guys!!

i have about 6 fig trees in big pots i just took out of my garage today! lol i have 6 figs on one already, ill show you pics. this year they are going in the ground along with the other blue berry bush i have been growing also.

i grew this fig branch from a 6" branch i got from a buddy. he has a fig tree half the size of his house. it was a branch he got from a family member who taped it to his leg and brought it in once upon a time. so i have a brach from his tree. it made 6 figs last year and this year it was growing in the dark in my garage. I can not belive it has 6 figs already. i have the White kind and the dark purple kind.

Karp, as long as stays cool should be ok not uncovering fig tree, but if gets to warm be carefull, as if it sweats could cause a fungus to grow on it and will die. My fig is already budding.

Geno, I have a tree that produced about 300 white figs last year and a small one that anly produced about 4 or 5 purple figs. I prefer the taste of the purple, but both are real sweet.Good luck with yours, just be careful with the birds and squirrels if the one already has small figs, they will be ripe early, look into gettin a bird net for the tree, as one day when they are almost ready , you will come home and they will be gone.