So proud of them.....

NYBowhunter

Sorry but yes im a proud dad thats bragging but I feel the need to share this with  my hunting brothers and sisters and any young kids listening. These kids and so many others have worked so hard  over the winter and it shows, just want to show any kids on here that no matter what they do in life, do it with great gusto and be humbled about it. Been really busy lately and have not been on here that much, alot of my spare time from now on is spent with 2 boys playing travel ball. Literally stripping down after work and out the door again to take kids to games and practice and also help coach my younger boys team. But that's the story of alot of parents out there and i want to commend you as it takes alot of dedication. The weekends are even crazier, but to be very honest i wouldn't have it any other way!!!! Well to the reason i started this thread, heres my 12 year old working hard over the winter being trained by a retired MLB pitcher. Now fast forward to this past Saturday on his opening  day of spring season ,my 12 year old boy pitched  7 innings  with a no hitter, with a low 80's pitch count  with 18 strikeouts..Just prayer to God he remains healthy and his team has a fun season. Hes on a weeks rest now and hes so happy.  His younger brother is not too far behind. Im not sure how i got 2 lefties, but i aint complaining..sorry for the rant, i'm just so happy for them good or bad....thier both gonna be playing  in Cooperstown this summer in a tournament. Cant wait. Please share any stories of your little ones playing any sports, would love to hear them.

20170311_161934.jpg

20170415_151226.jpg

• Like 8

My two grandsons 13 and 15 are both budding outdoorsmen. More so the younger one. They play together on a Rec baseball team and the 13 year old plays travel ball as well. The 15 year old is really getting back into it after a year off. He's a solid middle infielder with good hands and improving at the plate. The 13 year old is a catcher, and will catch most games all game. And a baseball nut! His skills have improved so much over the last couple of years. He's crushing the ball at the plate, and rock solid with a cannon arm, behind the plate. He hit one over 310 ft in practice the other night. He's 6' 1" and about 200lbs. Both boys have been getting some help from ex college players. At this stage our goal is to have them make a school team next year. And not looking beyond that, for now. One goal at a time! On Saturday the 13 year old will get up at 3am, hunt turkey's until 10 or so. Come home, change, make the opening day ceremonies at noon, then play a game at 2pm. Both boys also carry a 90+ average in their school work. I really feel in this day and age, the young people need to be involved with something positive! Sports, outdoors, school club something! Kids today, have many more potential bad influences, than we did in my day. 

And yeah, I'm a proud grampy.

NYbowhunter, you got two lights out lefty pitchers there!! That is awesome! Wishing them a great season!

Edited by grampy
  • Like 3