Hunters shot while turkey hunting

Borngeechee

More proof that fanning is one of the most dangerous decoys to use, you might as well wear a deer suit with giant antlers in the Southern zone for opening day.  Simply put any decoy that is in front of your face can cause you to get shot, putting one that looks like a turkey in front of you is simply idiotic and should be banned. 
It's like hiding behind the deer decoy so you can move closer to the deer, might work but your chances of getting shot are very high!  Lawmakers should simply outlaw fanning, way to much danger involved!
Please don't use this even if you think your private land has no turkey hunters, we all know about trespassing and how another hunter can all of a sudden hunt your land thinking he is the only one on it.  
Be safe!

The last thing we need is more laws! What we really need is a law against idiots!

If someone is trespassing on my land and shoots me they better kill me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hunt private well posted land. Turkey season is when I've the most trespasser issues .

Guys see the birds in the fields or hear them and try to sneak up on them .

I was thinking today how much you'd have to pay me to hide behind a fan in the woods and call .  I'd say week end daylight to noon, 50k if I can wear shooting glasses and have an orange flag with me .

• Like 1