Muzzleloader ideas

Swamp_bucks

the heart is a bit bigger than my fist   say its about 3 and half or four inches  by 5 to 6 full of blood. thats not a big target. but under no circumstances will a deer get away with a heart shot. you can always spine them. not preferred method but it makes for great TV.I consider missing the heart a poor shot weather the deer drops  or not... i missed my target . the results cause me stress and I ponder the shot and all aspects of it. i do a lot to keep my gun in hunting mode... you know slightly dirty and not oily

the heart is a bit bigger than my fist   say its about 3 and half or four inches  by 5 to 6 full of blood. thats not a big target. but under no circumstances will a deer get away with a heart shot. you can always spine them. not preferred method but it makes for great TV.I consider missing the heart a poor shot weather the deer drops  or not... i missed my target . the results cause me stress and I ponder the shot and all aspects of it. i do a lot to keep my gun in hunting mode... you know slightly dirty and not oily

So a double lung is not acceptable?
  • Like 1

ive seen deer lost with a chest shot. unless its a pass through you never know. unless you harvest the deer you never know. Look ive had some bad shots where ive had to put in another round. That puts thoughts of ineptness, and a query of thoughts about what i did wrong. i feel that i owe it to the deer that i shoot to do the best job that I can , and a heart shot will satisfy me, even though we love the heart especially for thanksgiving  stuffing.

5 minutes ago, vizslas said:

ive seen deer lost with a chest shot. unless its a pass through you never know. unless you harvest the deer you never know. Look ive had some bad shots where ive had to put in another round. That puts thoughts of ineptness, and a query of thoughts about what i did wrong. i feel that i owe it to the deer that i shoot to do the best job that I can , and a heart shot will satisfy me, even though we love the heart especially for thanksgiving  stuffing.

Well you stated that unless a gun is capable of 2" at 200 it is not adequate. how long have you been hunting? long enough to have used shotguns prior to sabots? How about bow hunting? Ever hunt with a pistol?

• Like 1

now that i am 50 i would say ive been on the hunt  for as long as i can remember. I am an archer since ten. a hunter since earlier and chasing deer since I was twelve. Oh yeah I have quite a few dart championships under my belt. So if its not a bullseye then its just another miss.I will only hunt with my muzzleloader, unless on a drive then its time to go back in time and break out the sluggers.I hate missing but i love shooting at running deer, kind of a conundrum. As far as pistols go , I can hit an pie plate at 65 yards with a 357 revolver with a 3 inch barrel

Edited by vizslas
forgot a part