So are you ready or do you still have work to do ?

rob-c

Forgot to mention....I would be a little farther ahead if I wasn't getting dragged away by the wife on house projects. Worked 14 hours Saturday night, shoveled 1.5 tons of corn off my truck for my neighbor as soon as I got home then mowed the lawn and weedwhacked, now it's 130 and she decided we (me) are going to start replacing the deck boards on our porch. Lumber yard closes at 2pm on Sunday so we rushed down and picked up 40 12 ft deck boards which completes a little over half the deck as the other portion is 14ft boards. Took me a bit to rip the old ones off and get all the old nails and screws out. Called it quits at 9pm. Finished up the rest of it Monday afternoon before work. Had planned on cutting shooting lanes Sunday and Monday but that went out the window!
Before
7b420506f548fd214669227250469753.jpg
Not what I wanted to do after a 75 hour work week
78c10163175799934d99fb8dc34549f3.jpg
Family affair
e83b03f40acfc99f2e5c619b5220a885.jpg
Done for this week. Will finish off the 14ft section next weekend
3eef60592a10cbfde6ddc946ec915003.jpg

Does it ever end?! lol

• Like 1

No, I'm still doing summer-type stuff. Fishing, partying, landscape maintenance, traveling, etc. About the only thing hunting related that I have done is target practice with the gun and bow. Can't really get into the hunting mode when the temps are in the 80's and the skeeters are still whining in my ears. All things in their proper times.

5 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Always work to be done but I'm chipping away at it.

This Saturday will be a work day/party for me. My best friend/hunting buddy will be over helping me get the new field tilled up and seeded. Hopefully get another stand up and one other one moved and maybe clear some shooting lanes on others. Big focus will be on the food plot and drinking some beers lol. Wife has a friend of hers coming over also and she's trying to play match maker between her friend and my buddy haha. Guess we will see what happens there! emoji38.png. We will be bbqing and having a nice bonfire and lots of cold ones once the work is done that's all I know!

ADK- thats some serious defense there.  Get your hunting buddy into a new relationship right before deer season so he has to go to fall craft fairs instead of being in the stand.  lol.  You guys out that way are serious.  I guess thats one way to get ready for season. 

• Like 1

ADK- thats some serious defense there.  Get your hunting buddy into a new relationship right before deer season so he has to go to fall craft fairs instead of being in the stand.  lol.  You guys out that way are serious.  I guess thats one way to get ready for season. 

Damn someone already caught on to my evil secret plan! Haha!! If all goes to plan guess who won't have to worry about who's gonna stick the target buck first! Haha

Adkhunter I don't know what your complaining about, those two young men in the photo look like some mighty fine helpers ....

and yes I feel your pain we are in the middle of a major diy kitchen  remodel .

Edited by rob-c

One year my hunting buddys wife got sick during a muzzleloader hunt while I was doing a push thru some brush and he had to leave, and yup deer ran right by where he was setup - saw the deer tracks in his tracks in the snow.  So now i remind him every year to have his wife take a Z- pack of antibiotics on opening day so that doesnt happen again ! lol 

looks like rain this weekend and this was planned to be our big work weekend at land lease.  Will see how it goes.  Was hoping to get most of it done and then just have throw in some target practice til opener.  

Adkhunter I don't know what your complaining about, those two young men in the photo look like some mighty fine helpers ....
and yes I feel your pain we are in the middle of a major diy kitchen  remodel .

Can't wait until they are old enough and strong enough to really take over some tasks around here. My old man worked out of town all week so I was in charge of almost all manly house duties growing up. Splitting and stacking 10 cord of wood a year sure built character, I plan on giving my boys the same type of character building jobs lol. They are good tool gophers for now though, and at least they are learning by watching.

You  need to have them penciling in the cut lines along a straight edge and marking the joist positions on the boards  then helping them hold the drill as you apply the pressure on the screws to the decking...We loved getting those pics when the kids where little and we gutted and remodeled the house...Lots of pics of our daughter in her bibs with grout in hand our son spackling...They still recall those memories in their 30's....and to your question...no it never ends...lol:wink:

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1