Sweet corn may be ready by christmas

reeltime

With the rain and cool weather the garden is not doing all that great this year. Corn was planted in 2 week intervals hoping to space out the timing of being ready to pick but it's all about the same sad size even with side dressing it and the late winter fertilizing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Garden isn't doing squat this year. Finally getting some tomatoes, the carrots and onions have really jumped the last week. Beans have been so so. I do have 9 watermelons but not a single cantaloupe.
I'm gonna need a mechanics creaper to pick corn and they look to be about the size of the mini ears on a China buffet table.lol.
I didn't deep plow it first this year so next year going back to my normal way of starting out. Pretty disappointed in its turn out this year.

f87aa6554b7b18f15454c318e4195c7c.jpg735f187e8688b7793d2ecf8a9a9adf6d.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'll trade you corn for tomatoes...blight took out all 48 plants just as they got loaded and big...every tomato rotting...Then a viruse took out the cukes...pumpkins and winter squash are holding their own as well as lots of summer squash...great broccoli and cauliflower. Wonderful greens...see all fall crops did fantastic this summer...beets and carrots wonderful and a few great pepper . This with the exception of the hot peppers they stalled completely...6 whole peppers out of 9 plants Eggplant just got flowers...temps went into the 40's at night...flowers fell off...Oh the deer ate most of my beans.