Early Bow in the North?

Four Season Whitetail's

i used to make an ultimate combo trip for the early north.  Early goose went til the 25th, early bear was open, then bow opened on the 27th for last years tag, and we used to fish!  So we spent one morn goose hunting, one evening bear hunting and one day bow hunting and fished around that.  Rented a cabin for 4 days - Was pretty cool! 

• Like 1

Wonder why they still bother with the 27th? Should just Oct 1st it across the board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it has to do with the farther north areas where it's more big woods then farm land. You can hunt for a long time and never see or get a shot at a legal buck. No harm in the NZ having the extra 4 days.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, ....rob said:

I think it has to do with the farther north areas where it's more big woods then farm land. You can hunt for a long time and never see or get a shot at a legal buck. No harm in the NZ having the extra 4 days.

But it doesn't really. It closes sooner than south and the over all season length is shorter. You would think it would be longer. 

But it doesn't really. It closes sooner than south and the over all season length is shorter. You would think it would be longer. 
True for the bow season, but it's only about a week difference, then the gun season opens and is about a month longer.

• Like 1