Smell new rubber boots

Taylormike

21 minutes ago, slickrockpack said:

that is my point exactly, go walk around now in your boots if you think in your heart that deer or any animal cares about rubber....turkeys are well known for being especially easy to walk up to

turkeys and rut crazed moose.

we tame grizzlies, mountain lions, badgers, wolverines, wolves, and use moose and bison to log with....mule deer everyone knows and turkeys anyone can walk up to them and pet them, but whitetails in the suburbs of NY who smell 8 million cars and dogs and people and buses a day all their lives, THOSE bastards get one whiff of rubber and POOF they move to FLorida and wont come back

don't be stupid. if you think a deer in NY doesn't know what  boot smells like thenyou're just fooling yourself into thinking they are spooky animals and you're living in a wilderness area because it says so on a sign,

past here is wild-ness and it takes a helluva man to kill a deer on this side of the parking lot.

if you want to keep deer out of your garden or yard eating your plants then just hang a new boot out there...they can't possibly smell you, your cat, your dog, your kids diapers and your hot tub,pool, smoker, pool table and laundry room...that boot oughta drive them away no problem.

I can  guarantee you, cross a trail on my property with a smell (like smelly rubber boots)  that a mature buck has not be accustomed to and he will pick up residence and move on. He may not move far, maybe to a neighboring property where he feels safer or he may return  weeks or months later. Most mature bucks  that feel threatened in the least will move on.  Yeah right tame wild animals , tell that to sigfried and Roy. No animal is tame, stop feeding that animal and watch yourself be its next meal.

Cover scent or whatever. We smell the stronger cover scent. Deer just smell the cover scent still on rubber boots. It really doesn't matter if they don't associate rubber with danger though or if the smell isn't out of place. You could smell like garbage but if you hunt near a landfill the deer won't care. Think about how often a deer smells rubber crossing rec trails or roads.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk