Wayne County Safe act pistol permit recertification

I'm planning on attending because I could use some information on this coming directly from the LE community. There is way too much stuff floating around right now that is just not helpful at all. I'd like it cleared up.

And Belo, no it won't be a political rally this time. The law(s) are written, and now I want to know how to navigate them to retain my rights. (A very strange statement when you think about it).

I attended last night's meeting and it was informative . Literature was handed out and a lot was explained . If someone fails to recertify , they can lose their pistol permit and also their long guns . If a letter wasn't received by an individual , it is still up to that individual to do the recertification . 

9 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I attended last night's meeting and it was informative . Literature was handed out and a lot was explained . If someone fails to recertify , they can lose their pistol permit and also their long guns . If a letter wasn't received by an individual , it is still up to that individual to do the recertification . 

long guns? wtf why? who is organizing the tiki torches march on albany? I'm in.

also, sound like they made it clear that you may not get a letter in the mail? Are they going to try and mail though?

Edited by Belo

How can you end up losing your long guns?
Are they required to be registered as well, if not how do they know what you have, the federal 4473 is not supposed to be passes onto states level, I understood .

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, TACC said:

How can you end up losing your long guns?

The logical assumption would be since the recertification is not complete that would be a felony and felons are not allowed to have any type of firearm.

Haven't you heard: Gun owners in New York are presumed guilty until proven innocent. :prankster:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fasteddie said:

If you don't recertify your pistol permit gets revoked . "A pistol permit revocation can result in the loss of all firearms including pistols , rifles and shotguns ". 

I thought that is what I said but either way...... that is what I meant