Reason for concern?

Iluvracks1359

Grampy, land1, thanks for both of your input! I went in sunday at about 11 am amidst the broiling 80 degree temperatures and moved my tree stand to a spot that is between where he came from , and where I was sitting, about 30 yards off of the major runway. This is the first year im hunting this land, so I am adapting as I learn, HOPEFULLY he sticks to this run way , and I will get him. I did stop hunting that spot this weekend tho, as like you guys said, I wanted to give him space and let the area calm down a little. I will keep you all posted!

• Like 1

Having the same issue on my property, just picked it up this past April and haven't done any scouting with all the house remodel I have been doing. The only scouting I have been doing is with my game cams. I have a lot of pictures of doe and a couple bucks but haven't seen one deer while in stand.

On 10/8/2017 at 8:32 PM, Iluvracks1359 said:

Hey guys. So after the second weekend, I'm pretty frustrated, and wondering of its time to start thinking of a new game plan. Many of you saw the trail camera pictures I posted and i had a nice buck, and a few other deer showing up pretty regularly, at least 2 to 3 times a week. Since july. Now for the past 2 weeks there has been very little action on the cameras, the 10 point has disappeared, and every night I'm seeing deer about 100 yards away from me. Should I try to post up in that spot? Is it likely they will return to where my stand is? I'm so frusturated!!!

To many people hunt off the pictures they see in July. A lot of times the deer change their movement based on the food and time of year. For example, we have corn on our property (most times not this year) and once it's cut they stop moving through one of our stands. The food source changes and they change their movement patterns. Is the stand dead, no, but it sure slows down. It's just a matter of learning your area and how the deer move. 

Right now though if you are seeing the deer 100 yards away, make the move if you can. 

I hunted a piece of land where all you could hunt was hedgerows..no trees.. Proper lane clearing and a low stool. And learned to shoot sitting. If a deer spooks like that the may have caught some of your scent that pooled.. It spreads out from you in all directions unless you have a pretty good breeze. 

I'd move in the direction it came from and set up again.. Deer will delay coming to a spot they spooked at till later in day or evening. Or they will exit the area earlier.. Depends on day or evening hunt... 

Keep at it or you can purposely make deer go to where you want by block g the trail with scent or fencing a trail with brush . to direct it to take trail that goes by your stand..but this has to be done where trail splits not well down it as they will simply skirt the blockage ..