Hunting Literature

rotorooter23

9 hours ago, grampy said:

Mr. Becker was a great teacher! He gave the hunter education class I took at 16, right in the school, on a Saturday morning. That was back in the day, when schools were not so uptight about such things.

My friends and I left our shotguns with the principal... he kept them in his office until after school then we would hunt for grouse behind the school... much different times!

I don't think I could read a book while on stand.  I rely on my eyesight too much to give it up while reading a book.  Plus, turning the page is more movement than I want to offer up........

Now a book on tape (downloaded to your phone or ipod type thingy) could be doable, especially on a windy day!

Tough thing about reading on stand is not getting too engrossed in it....I cant do it deer hunting( sometimes a deer , as we know, is only in view for seconds), but bear hunting on stand you can. 

Perhaps Robert Ruarks "old man and the boy"....

his wonderful short stories, originally written as magazine articles, about hunting and fishing with his grandfather in the rural south. great stuff!