Finger Lakes National Forest in Hector

edbone

Was wondering if anybody hunts the forest and how have ya been doing?I have been hunting it for about 35 years.Bow hunted it only once last year and seen about 20 with none close enough but they were every where.Has gotten very thick down there but thats why the populoation is high.We hunt on Vesa Rd down by the stone cabin.Love it and looking forward to this season...

The hunting is phenominal there!  Jamie Vann (from T'burg) arrowed this monster in the Forest this past season (scored 175 5/8):

Did he shoot that on the public land or some of the private land that surround the forest? I've seen alot of big bucks running on some of the private land that you cant hunt, or at least I cant  :D

Whoa... I was told at the bow shop (Arnot Forest Archery in VanEtten, NY) he got it in the Forest.  I suppose it could have been a he said/she said 3rd-hand story account... but the guy who told us all said he 'knows' Jamie (says Jamie and his brother spend a huge amount of time scouting - all year long).

DAMN - Now you got me wondering  >:( .

Hopefully we can get the Vannmiester on here and get the answer to this question straight from the horse's mouth!

HEY VANN.............

The hunting is phenominal there!  Jamie Vann (from T'burg) arrowed this monster in the Forest this past season (scored 175 5/8):

Did he shoot that on the public land or some of the private land that surround the forest? I've seen alot of big bucks running on some of the private land that you cant hunt, or at least I cant  :D

Whoa... I was told at the bow shop (Arnot Forest Archery in VanEtten, NY) he got it in the Forest.  I suppose it could have been a he said/she said 3rd-hand story account... but the guy who told us all said he 'knows' Jamie (says Jamie and his brother spend a huge amount of time scouting - all year long).

DAMN - Now you got me wondering  >:( .

Hopefully we can get the Vannmiester on here and get the answer to this question straight from the horse's mouth!

HEY VANN.............

Is Jamie a member of this forum?? I'd love to get his story for my website.. great deer!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...