Tree Stand Umbrella?

Lawdwaz

I have used them for years, great in the rain obviously, but even better when it's snowing to keep it from piling up on top of you, and it is nice for keeping the gun dry. I usually get quite a few seasons out of them if I don't leave it out during a bad wind storm.

I've been wanting to get one of these, it is supposed to be a better design because it extends out beyond your knees when sitting, thus you don't get the "runoff" across your lap.  It's supposed to be much more durable as well, they claim you can leave it out through just about anything...not so sure about that.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/HAWK-WINGSPAN-ULTIMATE-TREE-UMBRELLA/1837467.uts?productVariantId=3887247&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03917787&rid=20&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx__fhrzB1wIVSZ7ACh2IjQ2XEAQYBCABEgJ0uPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#tabsCollection

6 hours ago, growalot said:

I want to thank you for starting this thread

You're very welcome.....................

To others: I've been using one for 20 years now with great satisfaction.  My real question is ":should I hang it the day before?"  Before I can answer that question I have another issue.  Last year I bought a second umbrella.  This one mounts in a similar but different way.  No more "Tonka Toy" (as TC called it!!) thingy, this one has a more substantial system but when I went to use it the darn thing was WAY WAY to high over my head.  Heck I could hardly get the thing into the connection and when I did, the umbrella wasn't very effective.  When I got home I shortened the rod considerably and IIRC it should be more effective.  I'll try it out Friday and see if it's GTG, if not I'll use my old one.

Long story short; if you have one you've never used, you'd best try it out before Saturday morning.

Ahh, the wind blows! 

• Like 2

I have a large black golf umbrella, which I drilled the tip and snaked some heavy picture wire to form a small circle (2 " dia). I use some small dia rope attached to the wire circle and hang from a tree limb. Golf umbrella is easy to remove and has great coverage to keep me dry.