What about a longer season for deer on state land only

Hunter007

Just a idea I had that  will never happen because of  politics. 

Was thinking that having a longer gun season for deer on state land would help get more guys into the sport . Since newbies get discouraged by not having private land to hunt on and not enough time to hunt  which you can go a week on state land  before you see anything .  And lot of guys don't  have the time to hunt a lot of the season .

Edited by Storm914

Give it a rest! A few years ago my son and I went and hunted the keaney swamp wma on Thanksgiving Day. When we left at noon I drove both roads and we had the whole place to are self’s. The season is just about right not to long and not too short. Only thing I would like to see is the days up to Columbus day weekend put in the late bow MZ season.

• Like 1

True and you also will probably have to hunt a week to see anything because everything is spooked or pushed away 

Making season longer would only make that worse because everyone that hunts private land and still has a tag would be out on public land.

If you go a week without seeing a deer you're in the wrong spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

This is a joke we have one of
The longest gun seasons of any state...I would say on this forum most of the complaining comes from non land owners who also don’t bow hunt. So no offense but the People looking for the easy score

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Making season longer would only make that worse because everyone that hunts private land and still has a tag would be out on public land.

If you go a week without seeing a deer you're in the wrong spot.

I know I'm in the wrong spot but it happens to be the closest spot to drive to and I don't always have time to drive to the better spots and I'm sure I'm not the only one  with that problem 

Like I said because of politics it will never happen lol  anyone with private land can create the right habitat to attracked deer and for them they don't see a  problem .

But for people coming from the city and hunting just state land it's a problem and  one of the reasons you got less hunters . It  is what it is .

Maybe it always was a problem but these days people are caught up with other things they can do with the little free time they have .

I remember a whole lot more cars on opening day 20 30 years ago 

I was thinking less hunters  hunting maybe longer season to attacked more back into it .

Edited by Storm914

9 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Just a idea I had that  will never happen because of  politics. 

Was thinking that having a longer gun season for deer on state land would help get more guys into the sport . Since newbies get discouraged by not having private land to hunt on and not enough time to hunt  which you can go a week on state land  before you see anything .  And lot of guys don't  have the time to hunt a lot of the season .

I've gone 9 straight days now without seeing a deer, on private land. So if other people get a longer season for not seeing deer for a week then I want it also.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wfmiller said:

I've gone 9 straight days now without seeing a deer, on private land. So if other people get a longer season for not seeing deer for a week then I want it also.

Well At least on private land you can start planting crops and plants that attracted deer so eventually you should have good hunting there  and put up a cabin or house so you dont have to get up at 2am to  drive  4 hours to get to it . 

Edited by Storm914

I can feel for you about the time because it seems like there is always a hundred things to do this day and age. I am fortunate in the fact that I have been at my job for years and have plenty of vacation time. Don't be bitter. Your luck could change at a moments notice, or maybe you can meet someone that has better land to hunt. Enjoy getting out there and relax as much as you can. You definitely have it rough having to travel like that.

• Like 1