Temps Will Rise, Time To Hunt Some Tree Rats

Been a very cold few weeks after deer season ended. Temps will get a lot more tolerable for small game hunting. Looking forward to getting out this week and hunting some tree rats with rabbit as a "Target Of Opportunity".

Anyone else going to take advantage of the mild temps to get some small game in the freezer?

6 minutes ago, Ryan3m said:

With temps soon rising...............my mother might be even more disgusted when I am preparing buckets of crappie, squirrel, and rabbit in her kitchen, than in the fall when I butcher my deer on her dining room table!

Um, OK. Not sure what your mother has to do with things, but ...........   I have nothing. Best of luck to you?

10 hours ago, Rob... said:

Um, OK. Not sure what your mother has to do with things, but ...........   I have nothing. Best of luck to you?

He's a kid that lives at home and probably (hopefully) in high school still. Jeez, Mom gets pissed when kids make a mess of the kitchen because they don't clean up or clean up good enough.

• Like 2

I got out today for a bit after a DR. appointment. Warm temps really loosened up the snow, little skid down the mountain and banged the hip on a rock, but kept the rifle from getting hurt. I didn't get any game, but realized who I have to ask permission for turkey and deer hunting now off the state land border for this spot. I use small game hunting this time of year to learn, killing a tree rat just means I have lunch. Temps in my area are going to mid 50's tomorrow, then some nasty precipitation with temps going back into the 30's and low-mid 20's.